|Big Finish Productions audio play|
|Writer||Robert Ross[disambiguation needed]|
|Executive producer(s)||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Set between||Arrangements for War and
|Length||2 hr 10 mins|
|Release date||August 2004|
- The Doctor — Colin Baker
- Evelyn Smythe — Maggie Stables
- Doctor Robert Knox — Leslie Phillips
- Daft Jamie — David Tennant
- Mary Patterson — Glenna Morrison
- William Burke — Kevin O'Leary
- Billy Hare — Tom Farrelly
- Old Woman — Janie Booth
Knox meets the Doctor and Evelyn again in Assassin in the Limelight.
This is one of the last stories, and the last Doctor Who story, that David Tennant would record for Big Finish before being cast as the Tenth Doctor. After leaving the TV series, Tennant was cast as William Burke in the film Burke and Hare, based on the historical murders, but left the film before it began production.
- Warmouth, Brian (20 January 2010). "Andy Serkis Replaces David Tennant In 'Burke And Hare,' According To Star Simon Pegg's Twitter Feed". MTV News. Retrieved 14 June 2010.
- Medicinal Purposes reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- Medicinal Purposes reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide