Medina Municipal Airport
|Medina Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 1G5|
|Owner||City of Medina|
|Elevation AMSL||1,190 ft / 363 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Medina Municipal Airport is a public use airport in Medina County, Ohio, United States. It is owned by the City of Medina and is located four nautical miles (7.41 km) east of the central business district. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2007-2011, it is categorized as a reliever airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Medina Municipal Airport covers an area of 283 acres (115 ha) at an elevation of 1,190 feet (363 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt runways designated 01/19, with a surface measuring 2,867 by 60 feet (874 x 18 m) and 09/27, with a surface measuring 3,556 by 75 feet (1,084 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 18, 2008, the airport had 79,685 aircraft operations, an average of 218 per day: 98% general aviation, 2% air taxi, and a few military and ultralight. At that time there were 65 aircraft based at this airport: 80% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, 3% helicopters and 6% ultralights.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 1G5 ( PDF), effective 2009-08-27.
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2007-2011
- "1G5 - Medina, Ohio - Medina Municipal Airport". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- Aerial photo as of 12 October 2000 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 1G5, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: