Medina Township, Medina County, Ohio
|Medina Township, Medina County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Medina County.
|• Total||18.1 sq mi (46.8 km2)|
|• Land||18.0 sq mi (46.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,014 ft (309 m)|
|• Density||432.6/sq mi (167.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||44215, 44256, 44258|
|GNIS feature ID||1086601|
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Brunswick Hills Township - north
- Hinckley Township - northeast corner
- Granger Township - east
- Sharon Township - southeast corner
- Montville Township - south
- Lafayette Township - southwest corner
- York Township - west
- Liverpool Township - northwest corner
Name and history
As of June 2013, township officials are exploring changing the name to Weymouth Township. Weymouth was the original county seat of Medina County. In addition, it is the only Medina Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Medina County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Davis, Andrew (June 28, 2013). "Welcome to Weymouth Township?". Medina Gazette. Retrieved July 1, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.