Meenakshi Dixit at the 60th Filmfare Awards South
|Native name||मीनाक्षी दीक्षित|
12 October 1988
|Alma mater||Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University|
|Occupation||Model, Dancer, Actress|
|Years active||2008 – Present|
|Parents||Ishwar Chandra Dixit
Meenakshi Dixit (born 12 October 1988), is an Indian model, dancer, and movie actress. She had appeared in various Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu films.
Meenakshi Dixit was born 12 October 1988 in [Rae bareli], India. She is the daughter of Ishwar Chandra Dixit, a senior lawyer, and Geeta Dixit. During her school and college years, she was noted for being an intelligent scholar. She entered dancing classes, training in various dances like Classical, Folk, Contemporary dances, and Salsa. At 5 feet 10.5 inches with an athletic body she was very active in sports, especially in athletics. She graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Botany, Zoology, and Chemistry.
Meenakshi Dixit started her acting career in 2008 on NDTV Imagine, appearing as contestant in Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan hosted by Saroj Khan. This lead to her entry to the Indian film industry. She first appeared in a Telugu film, Lifestyle. She was somehow getting much public recognition and attention as the masses had noted her performance, and role in the movie. Later on, she got into modelling, endorsing local and international brands such as Joyalukkas Jewelry, Microsoft Windows, Fair and Handsome cream, Chennai Silks, Shankaram diamond jewellery, Brook Bond Taza tea, Paaneri Sarees, Lee Cooper, Red Square Energy Drink, Radio Mirchi and ESSAR, and Anytime Fitness gym. She has also been a regular model for the fashion industry, as well as in prominent Indian magazines.
In 2011, she did a dance number in a special guest appearance in the movie Dookudu. Dookudu became a blockbuster hit with the dance number contributing to the success of the film. With her presence in Dookudu, she was also chosen by the producers of the Bodyguard remake to do a dance number in the movie, hoping that it would repeat the success of her number in Dookudu.
|2009||Lifestyle||lead role||Telugu||first appearance in a Telugu film|||
|2010||Alexander the Great||Malayalam||first appearance and lead role in a Malayam film|||
|2010||Virudhagiri||Tamil||first appearance in a Tamil film|||
|2012||Daruvu||Guest appearance||Telugu||"Rajula" Song|
|2012||Billa II||Item number||Tamil||"Madurai Ponnu" song|||
|2013||Baadshah||Item number||Telugu||Baadshah title track|
|2014||Tenaliraman||Princess Maadhulai||Tamil||First film as Heroine|
|2014||Adavi Kaachina Vennela||Vennela||Telugu||Post-production|||
|2014||P Se PM Tak||lead role||Hindi||Filming|
|2008||Nachle Ve with Saroj Khan||Herself||Runner-up; credited in the show as Meenakshi Desai|||
- "Super Dancer Junior 2 Off Camera – Actress Meenakshi Dixit Exclusive Interview". Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "MEENAKSHI DIXIT – SOUTH INDIAN ACTRESS AND PERFORMER". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Dreamgirls of Bollywood". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "The M factor". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Dookudu Sentiment Works Out For Bodyguard?". Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Meenakshi Dixit shakes a leg with Ajith". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Meenakshi Dixit to add more glamour to Billa 2". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Captain's outing with Virudhagiri". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Life Style: Cast and Crew". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "'Lifestyle' releasing on 15th Aug". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Meenakshi replaces Aswathy Ashok in Alexander the Great". Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Alexander The Great Malayalam Movie". Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Movie Review: Virudhagiri". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Viruthagiri – Movie Review". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Viruthagiri Movie Review". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Official Press Release : Meenakshi Dixit in Billa-2". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Srikanth Devaraya 3rd Schedule in HYD". Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "Srikanth as Devaraya". Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Meenakshi to groove with NTR in Baadshah". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 December 2012.