|Member of Parliament and General Secretary of the AICC|
|Preceded by||Laxminarayan Pandey|
|Constituency||Mandsaur , Madhya Pradesh|
23 July 1973 |
Nagada, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
Meenakshi Natarajan was born in Birlagram Nagda, Ujjain in Madhya Pradesh. She is a post graduate in Biochemistry and did her Bachelor's degree in Law. She completed her study in Indore Madhya Pradesh. Ratlam was the Place where she started her political career right joining after NSUI.
She was selected by Rahul Gandhi for contesting from Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh. in 2009 general elections, which she won by over 30,000 votes defeating her BJP opponent Dr Laxmi Narayan Pandey who has been winning since 1971. She had coined the slogan Pradesh elections.
On her victory:
She has written a book on India's first freedom struggle, 1857-Bhartiya Pariprekshya, published by Samayik Prakashan.
- Team Rahul hopes to make a difference - Times Of India
- About Meenakshi
- The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Rahuls backroom boys and girl
- A Really Stupid Idea | OPEN Magazine
- Welcome to Frontline : Vol. 29 :: No. 20
- 100% success rate for Sonia in MP
- A Younger Generation Changes the Face of India's Legislature