Meet Your Congress
|Meet Your Congress|
|Starring||Blair Moody (moderator)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||NBC (1949-1953)
|Original run||July 1, 1949 – July 4, 1954|
Meet Your Congress was a public affairs TV series on NBC and on the DuMont Television Network. The show premiered on NBC on July 1, 1949, airing Saturdays at 8pm ET. The DuMont series aired from July 8, 1953 until July 4, 1954.
Moderator Blair Moody (1902-1954), who hosted the radio and TV versions from 1946 to 1952, died of pneumonia and heart problems on July 20, 1954.
As with most DuMont series, no episodes are known to exist.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1949-50 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1