|Industry||video games, social network service|
|Henning Kosmack, CEO
Christian Meister, CPO
Mark Gazecki, Chairman
MegaZebra is a European social network game developer and distributor located in Munich, Germany. The company develops browser-based free-to-play games for social networks like Facebook and is now publishing games from other developers, i.e. from the Germany-based skill-gaming firm Tipp24games.
MegaZebra pioneered the social gaming space in Europe in late 2008. Behind MegaZebra is the team around Henning Kosmack (CEO), Christian Meister (CPO), and Mark Gazecki (Chairman). Since then, MegaZebra developed several games and at the moment 21 MegaZebra games are available on Facebook.
In March 2011 MegaZebra raised ‘multiple millions Euros’  in a second round of funding, led by Doughty Hanson Technology Ventures. Furthermore, Kizoo Technology Ventures participated again, alongside with private investor Markus Stolz.
With Gaute Godager, founder of Funcom, and Jürgen Goeldner, two Gaming veterans joined the company`s board of directors in January 2012.
Both have a long-standing experience in the gaming sector. Apart from Goeldner and Godager, the MegaZebra board consists of Sitar Teli from Doughty Hanson, Matthias Hornberger from Kizoo, and Mark Gazecki of the founders.
MegaZebra’s latest game Solitaire Castle followed the footsteps of Mahjong Trails and reached more than 1.5 million monthly active users in October 2012. and reached more the 2 million user per month in January 2013.
According to AppData, in January 2011 MegaZebra is one of the top 25 fastest growing developers on Facebook, reaching almost 4 million monthly users and is with more than half a million daily active users, among the Top 3 European developers in terms of daily active users.
With Mahjong Trails and Solitaire Castle, MegaZebra has now two games exceeding the 2 million monthly active user mark.
The Top games of MegaZebra are:
- "Company Profile MegaZebra." Retrieved from Crunchbase, on January 22, 2011.
- "MegaZebra goes into publishing." Retrieved from Social Games Observer, on January 26, 2011.
- "European Developer MegaZebra launches Jewels Rock on facebook." Retrieved from InsideSocialGames, on January 13, 2011.
- "MegaZebra Profile." Retrieved from Venturebeat, on February 3, 2011.
- "About MegaZebra." Retrieved from MegaZebra, on January 27, 2011.
- "Developer Profile: MegaZebra." Retrieved from AppStats.eu, on January 18, 2013.
- "Social Gaming Roundup from September 18, 2009." Retrieved from InsideSocialGames, on January 11, 2011.
- "MegaZebra`s Mahjong Trails brings Tile-based action to Facebook." Retrieved from InsideSocialGames, on January 20, 2011.
- "MahjongTrails." Retrieved from All Facebook Statistics, on January 17, 2011.
- "MegaZebra On Ad Spend, Localization and Facebook-Only Development." Retrieved from InsideSocialGames, on May 25, 2011.
- "Facebook games developer MegaZebra closes ‘multi-million’ euro funding round." Retrieved from TechCrunch, on May 24, 2011.
- "MegaZebra appoints Godager and Goeldner to board." Retrieved from InsideSocialGames, on January 24, 2012.
- "MegaZebra signs Godager and Goeldner as Board Members." Retrieved from Social Games Observer on January 25, 2012.
- "/ Solitaire Castle." Retrieved from AppStats.eu on October 30, 2012.
- "Top Gainer of the week." Retrieved from AppData, on January 26, 2011.
- "." Retrieved from AppData, on May 25, 2011.