List of Body of Proof characters
- 1 Regular characters
- 2 Recurring characters
- 3 References
- 4 External links
- Played by: Dana Delany
- Seasons 1–3
Megan Hunt is a brilliant neurosurgeon until a life-changing car accident prevents her from continuing to work in the operating room. Due to minor nerve damage sustained in the car accident, she can no longer use her hands to perform the fine manipulation which is required for the successful practice of surgery. The car crash exposes weaknesses in her family life as well, since her relations with her husband and child had taken a "backseat to her ambition", according to Time Magazine, and she has to work hard to get her personal life in order. Her relationship with her daughter, Lacey, is distant and difficult, but through the seasons, Lacey and Megan's relationship vastly improves. Megan is a very eloquent woman, appearing to be highly independent and insensitive to some degree, but gradually, particularly throughout season 1, she manages to gain more sensitivity and dependence on her colleagues. Coincidentally, the real-life Delany had an experience similar to her character. Two weeks before filming the pilot episode, Delany's car was hit by a bus in Santa Monica; she broke two fingers of her hand, and her car was destroyed. Delany said in an interview that she loves to play "complicated characters" and her character in Body of Proof is "complicated, smart, and definitely complex."
- Played by: Jeri Ryan
- Seasons 1–3
Chief Medical Examiner, forensic anthropologist and Megan's superior. First female Chief Medical Examiner in Philadelphia's History. She and Megan are often at odds in the workplace, and now in their personal lives, as Kate briefly dated Megan's ex-husband, Todd. In season three, she is encouraged to pursue public office by District Attorney Dan Russell. In the series finale, it is still unclear whether Kate will go into politics, though while reconstructing the face of a disfigured murder victim, she admits to Curtis that she really misses the nuts-and-bolts of forensics work.
- Played by: Nicholas Bishop
- Seasons 1–2
Former Police Officer and now Medicolegal Investigator. After a gunshot ripped through his shoulder while he was notifying a family about murder, Peter found himself off the streets and inside a rehab facility. As partner and confidant to Dr. Megan Hunt, Peter now finds himself investigating Philadelphia's most mysterious medical cases alongside one of the most brilliant Medical Examiners in the country. Peter was stabbed in the episode "Mind Games" and died in Megan's arms.
- Played by: John Carroll Lynch
- Seasons 1–2
Homicide Detective. A hardheaded, straight-shooting veteran of the Philadelphia Homicide Division. He fights for justice on the streets of Philly while fighting a personal battle at home: mending a crumbling relationship with his wife who just kicked him out of their Center City Brownstone. The couple began to reconcile after she announced she was pregnant. Bud clashes with Megan several times over their differing views at crime scenes. He left the force to stay home and raise his newborn baby.
Homicide Detective. Partner of Bud Morris, full of energy and very smart. Unlike Morris, she is more friendly towards Megan and respects her for her straightforwardness and work. Sam left the Philadelphia Police Force to join the FBI.
- Played by: Geoffrey Arend
- Seasons 1–3
Forensic Pathology Fellow. Ethan now finds himself as the youngest and most enthusiastic fellow working at the Medical Examiner's Office.
- Played by: Windell Middlebrooks
- Season 1–3
Deputy Chief Medical Examiner. Curtis is a capable and intelligent Medical Examiner whose bluster belies his love for his job. Though he is Megan's superior, her full-speed-ahead attitude often allows Megan to convince Curtis to do her bidding.
- Played by: Mary Mouser
- Recurring Season 1; main cast Season 2–3
Daughter of Megan and Todd. Lacey lives with her father in the first Season. In the Second season, Megan and her ex-husband Todd share joint-custody of Lacey, so she moves back and forth between both homes. Late in the second season she is diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.
A former NYPD detective who left under mysterious circumstances, now working in the Philiadelphia Homicide division. Tommy had a one-time romantic relationship with Megan that pre-dated the series. Megan alludes to their relationship being some 20 years ago.
A detective in the Philiadelphia Homicide division and Tommy's new partner.
- Played by: Jeffrey Nordling
- Recurring Seasons 1–2
Todd is a lawyer, Megan's ex-husband and the father of Lacey. He briefly dated Kate.
- Played by: Joanna Cassidy
- Recurring Seasons 1–3
Joan Hunt is the overbearing mother of Megan and grandmother of Lacey Fleming. Her husband and father of Megan committed suicide when Megan was 13 years old, but it was later revealed that he was murdered and he was forced to make it look like a suicide. She was a judge, but lost re-election for her seat in Season 2.
- Played by: Cliff Curtis
- Recurring Season 2
Derek Ames is an FBI agent who has worked with Megan on a couple of cases and is a potential love interest for her.
- Played by: Nathalie Kelley
- Recurring Season 2
Dani is a driver who recovers bodies from crime/accident scenes and delivers them to the M.E.'s office. She is also a love interest of Peter, much to the chagrin of Ethan, who has a crush on her. She dies in episode 18 of season 2.
- Played by: Jamie Bamber
Season 2 Aidan is a potential love interest for Megan in season 2.
- Played by: Luke Perry
- Guest Season 2, Recurring Season 3
Dr. Charlie Stafford first appears in the Season 2 two-part episode "Going Viral", as a CDC officer acting as a liaison to the Philadelphia ME's office. In Season 3, he has been promoted to Health Commissioner, and appears in several episodes. 
- James Poniewozik (May 18, 2010). "ABC's Fall Sked: Lots of New Shows for the Post-Lost Era". Time Magazine. Retrieved 2010-10-09. "Dr. Megan Hunt (Dana Delany) was in a class of her own, a brilliant neurosurgeon at the top of her game. ..."
- Rob Owen (August 3, 2010). "Tuned In: 'Lone Star' brings cable-like edge to network TV". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 2010-10-08. ""I was hit by a bus two weeks before we started filming and broke two fingers and my car was totalled, exactly like the character in the pilot," ..."
- Ausiello, Michael (June 7, 2012). "Body of Proof Mass Exodus Continues: Sonja Sohn and Nicholas Bishop Out". TV Line. Retrieved June 7, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (July 28, 2012). "Mark Valley To Join 'Body Of Proof' As New Regular". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved July 29, 2012.
- MacKenzie, Carina (June 9, 2012). "'Body of Proof' Season 3: New characters join the detective team". Zap2It. Retrieved June 10, 2012.
- Ausiello, Michael (August 12, 2011). "Exclusive: Body of Proof Makes Fast and Furious Season 2 Hire". TV Line. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- Ausiello, Michael (October 17, 2011). "Body of Proof Exclusive: Battlestar Galactica's Jamie Bamber to Romance Dana Delany". TV Line. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- Barnert, Deanna (February 2012). "'Body of Proof' Ups the Ante With Big Guest Stars". MSN TV. Retrieved May 6, 2013.