Meghna Naidu at Press conference of Rivaaz
|Born||Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India|
Meghna Naidu is an Indian actress and dancer. Her first major appearance was in the music video for UMI10's "Kaliyon Ka Chaman" (2000), an official remix of Lata Mangeshkar's 1981 song "Thoda Resham Lagta Hai" (in turn, the 2002 song "Addictive" by Truth Hurts was inspired by the remix). She also featured in Saru Maini's video Dil De Diya Tha (Sutta Mix), before starting to work in Indian films.
Early life and career
Meghna Naidu was born on 19 September 1980 in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India. Her father Ethiraj works for Air India and was a tennis coach and her mother Purnima, a half-Bengali, was a school teacher. She has one younger sister, Sona. She told that she requested her mother to quit her job and accompany her to shooting locations, after her sister who used to travel with her got a job abroad. She grew up in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and considers herself "more of a Mumbaiite". She studied at Bhavan's College, Andheri, Mumbai, and graduated with a B.Com degree. She has learnt classical bharatanatyam dance for seven years. She stated that she also was coaching tennis in the US for 4 years.
At age 18, she met a model co-ordinator at the wedding of her cousin in Chennai, who called her for a screen test for a feature film. She bagged a role in the Telugu film Prema Sakshi (1999), following which she appeared in one more Telugu and two Kannada films. She then appeared in UMI10's music video "Kaliyon Ka Chaman", directed by Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru, which she says happened by accident. She was accompanying her friend to the audition for the video, when she was approached by the team. She was asked to send in her photographs and within few days, she was selected for the video. "Kaliyon Ka Chaman" became a grand success and gained her recognition. She subsequently went on to do many stage performances in and outside of India.
She made her Bollywood debut with the B-grade film Hawas (2004), which dealt with extramarital affair. It was followed by lead roles in Classic Dance of Love (2005), which featured her as a dancer, and Rain: The Terror Within... (2005), in which she played a blind author. In Mashooka, she essayed a character with negative shades. In her latter career, she mostly made special appearances in item numbers in South Indian films.
|Vendi Mabbulu||Shanaaya Sardesai aka Shanaya||Telugu|
|2003||Katthegalu Saar Katthegalu||Kannada|
|2004||Hawas||Sapna R. Mittal||Hindi|
|AK 47||Hindi||Special appearance|
|Satruvu||Club dancer in Dubai||Telugu|
|2005||Jackpot - The Money Game||Gauri||Hindi|
|Classic Dance of Love||Doli||Hindi|
|Rain: The Terror Within...||Sandhya Bhatnagar||Hindi|
|Eight: The Power of Shani||Sapna||Hindi|
|Vikramarkudu||Dancer Chameli||Telugu||Special appearance|
|Bada Dosth||Malayalam||Special appearance|
|2007||Aadavari Matalaku Ardhalu Verule||Telugu||Special appearance|
|2009||Kutty||Dancer on Train||Tamil||Special appearance|
|2011||Siruthai||Azhagha Poranthuputa song||Tamil||Special appearance|
|100% Love||Telugu||Special appearance|
|Puli Vesham||Tamil||Special appearance|
|Vellore Maavattam||Tamil||Special appearance|
|Pilla Zamindar||Telugu||Special appearance|
|2012||Love at First Sight||Hindi|
|2014||Sikkapatte Ishta Patte||Kannada||Filming|
- Television shows
- Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi on Colors TV where she was partnered by Capt Purvesh Gada
- Dancing Queen on Colors TV
- Jodha Akbar on Zee TV
- MTV Fanaah on MTV India
- Music videos
- UMI10's Kaliyon Ka Chaman (2000)
- Saru Maini's Dil De Diya Tha (Sutta Mix)
- "Meghana Naidu – Telugu Cinema interview – Telugu film & Bollywood Heroine". Idlebrain.com. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Meghna: Blast from the past". The Times of India. August 9, 2009.
- "Meghna Naidu: I can act well too!". Rediff Movies. September 29, 2005.
- Meghna Naidu Biography. Imdb
- "I'm already booked: Meghna Naidu – Rediff.com movies". In.rediff.com. 2005-07-28. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Meghna Naidu". The Times Of India.
- "Celebrity News – Interviews – Meghna Naidu". Shaaditimes.com. 2008-10-17. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Meghna's Father's Day Gift – Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 2007-06-21. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "'It's embarrassing doing bold scenes'". Rediff.com. 2005-07-29. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "The kaliyon ka chaman girl – The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "News". Archive.deccanherald.com. 2003-09-07. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "'They won't ban skin show'". Rediff.com. 2005-08-04. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "'I'm non-controversial, so I don't get any offers' – Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2011-08-24. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Meghna Naidu to enter 'Jodha Akbar' - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "Meghna Naidu, Kushal Punjabi to marry". The Times of India. Sep 20, 2009.
- "Kushal-Meghna call it quits". The Times of India. Mar 6, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meghna Naidu.|