|Full name||Mehdi Ballouchy|
|Date of birth||April 6, 1983|
|Place of birth||Casablanca, Morocco|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Vancouver Whitecaps FC|
|2003–2005||Santa Clara Broncos|
|2005||Boulder Rapids Reserve||2||(0)|
|2006–2007||Real Salt Lake||46||(2)|
|2010–2012||New York Red Bulls||51||(4)|
|2012–2013||San Jose Earthquakes||11||(0)|
|2014–||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||1||(0)|
|2014||→ Vancouver Whitecaps FC U-23 (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of June 4, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Athe age of 13, he joined the ranks of SCC Mohammédia and played there to the very age of 16. He moved to the United States in 2000 at the age of 16, initially living with his brother in Denver before attending Gunn High School in Palo Alto, California with a host family He attended college and played one year of college soccer at Creighton and two at Santa Clara, where he was named first team All-American in 2005. He also briefly played with Boulder Rapids Reserve in the USL Premier Development League.
Real Salt Lake
Ballouchy signed a Generation Adidas contract with MLS and was taken second overall by Real Salt Lake at the 2006 MLS SuperDraft. During his time with RSL Ballouchy appeared in 46 league matches scoring 2 goals and recording 2 assists.
After spending two years in Utah he was traded to Colorado Rapids for Kyle Beckerman in July 2007. During his stay with Colorado Ballouchy played primarily as an attacking central midfielder, but also saw time at right midfield. With Colorado he appeared in 77 league matches, scoring 7 goals and recording 18 assists. His most productive season for Colorado was in 2009 when he appeared in 28 league matches scoring two goals and providing seven assists.
New York Red Bulls
On September 14, 2010 Ballouchy joined New York Red Bulls in a trade for Macoumba Kandji. New York coach Hans Backe had been looking for an attacking midfielder throughout the season and the acquisition of Ballouchy ended the club's search. On September 16, 2010 Ballouchy debuted for New York wearing the number 10 shirt and scoring a goal in a 2–2 draw against FC Dallas. On October 21, 2010 Ballouchy started for Red Bulls in a 2–0 victory over New England Revolution which helped New York clinch its second regular season Eastern Conference title. On October 26, 2011 Ballouchy helped New York to a 2–0 victory over FC Dallas at Pizza Hut Park in a 2011 MLS Cup Playoffs match by assisting Joel Lindpere in scoring the clubs first goal of the night.
San Jose Earthquakes
Ballouchy moved back to California as he was traded to San Jose Earthquakes on July 30, 2012 for a 2013 international spot and a conditional 2013 MLS Supplemental Draft pick. He made 6 appearances as a regular before he suffered from tearing of his anterior cruciate ligaments which kept him sideline for the rest of the season and the start of the next season.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
|2006||Real Salt Lake||I||32||2|
|2007||Real Salt Lake||I||14||0|
|2010||New York Red Bulls||I||6||1|
|2011||New York Red Bulls||I||29||2|
|2012||New York Red Bulls||I||16||1|
|2012||San Jose Earthquakes||I||6||0|
|2013||San Jose Earthquakes||I||5||0|
Ballouchy has played for various youth Moroccan national teams, including the Moroccan U-17 and U-16 National Teams prior to moving to the United States at the age of 16.He wasn't called to play for the Morocco national football team at Senior level. He received a U.S. green card in January 2013, which makes him eligible to play for the United States men's national soccer team in the near future.
- ESPNsoccernet – MLS – Ballouchy likely to run Real Salt Lake attack
- "Rapids trade Beckerman to RSL for Ballouchy : FC Rocky: Soccer blog : Rocky Mountain News". Blogs.rockymountainnews.com. July 16, 2007. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- Ballouchy shows energy, athleticism – The Denver Post
- RBNY acquires midfielder Mehdi Ballouchy | New York Red Bulls
- Ballouchy debuts with a goal
- Red Bulls finish 1st in East
- Ballouchy helps New York advance
- "Red Bulls Acquire International Spot, Draft Pick, for Mehdi Ballouchy". New York Red Bulls. July 30, 2012. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- "Whitecaps FC select Mehdi Ballouchy in Stage 2 of 2013 MLS Re-Entry Draft | Vancouver Whitecaps FC". Whitecapsfc.com. May 22, 2013. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- "Vancouver Whitecaps deal for All-Star defender Steven Beitashour, sign midfielder Mehdi Ballouchy". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Earthquakes Media Relations (January 14, 2013). "Chavez, Ballouchy obtain residency cards | San Jose Earthquakes". Sjearthquakes.com. Retrieved December 18, 2013.