Mehr Jesia Rampal
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
November 30, 1970 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||108 lb (49 kg)|
|Title(s)||Femina Miss India Universe 1986|
|Femina Miss India Universe 1986
Miss Universe 1986
(1998 - Present)
Early life and background
Jesia was born into a Parsi family on 30 November 1970.She is wife of Arjun Rampal,an Indian actor. She grew up in Dadar Parsi Colony in Mumbai. But according to an archived article in dnaindia.com she was 40 in 2008, so that should make her around 47. She studied at J.B.Vachha School, Mumbai.
Jesia started her career in 1980s, and won the Femina Miss India 1986. Soon she became a part of the first generation of Indian supermodels like Madhu Sapre, Feroze Gujral, Shyamolie Verma and Anna Bredmeyer.
She has always shown great interest in sports, and was known to enjoy swimming, badminton, and other sports before she became a model.
She married former model and current Bollywood actor Arjun Rampal in 1998. They have 2 daughters, Mahikaa (born 2002) and Myra (born 2005).
- "Catch-Up With The Past Miss Indias". The Times Of India. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Style wise". The Hindu. 4 September 2006. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Arjun's wife argues with auto driver". Times of India. 3 August 2009. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Life, as Mehr Jesia knows it". DNA. Sep 20, 2008. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- Aasheesh Sharma (September 21, 2013). "Memories of a master". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- Sujata Assomull (April 25, 2009). "The magic of Mehr". India Today. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- Mehr Jesia Rampal at the Internet Movie Database