From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Region of origin||Iran (Persia)|
|Look up Mehrdad in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
For other uses, see Mithridates (disambiguation).
In present-day Iran, the name Mehrdad is also retroactively applied to several historic figures that appear in western literature as Mithridates, a hellenized or philhellenic form of the Old Iranian name.
People named Mehrdad
- Mehrdad Bahar, historian
- Mehrdad Izady, academic, writer and historian
- Mehrdad Karimian, footballer
- Mehrdad Minavand, footballer
- Mehrdad Nikoonahad, engineer
- Mehrdad Oladi, footballer
- Mehrdad Pooladi, footballer
- Takaloo or Mehrdad Takaloo, boxer
- Schmitt, Rüdiger (1970), "Die theophoren Eigennamen mit altiranisch *Miθra-", Acta Iranica 17: 395–455