Location of Meitō-ku in Nagoya
|• Total||19.44 km2 (7.51 sq mi)|
|Population (November 2011)|
|• Density||8,300/km2 (21,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Tree||Zelkova serrata |
|Address||2-15 Kamisha, Meitō-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi-ken 464-8644|
Meitō-ku (名東区 Meitō-ku ?) is one of the 16 wards of the city of Nagoya in Aichi Prefecture, Japan. As of 2011, the ward had an estimated population of 161,416 and a population density of 8,300 persons per km². The total area was 19.44 km².
Meitō Ward is located in eastern Nagoya city.
The area of present Meitō-ku was formerly part of Aichi District and Higashikasugai District. Incorporated into the city of Nagoya by 1955 and divided between Chikusa Ward and Showa Ward, it became a separate ward on February 1, 1975.
- Aichi Rapid Transit Company - Linimo
- Nagoya Municipal Subway – Higashiyama Line
- Tōmei Expressway
- Nagoya Dai-ni Kanjo Expressway
- Route 2 (Nagoya Expressway)
- Japan National Route 302
- Japan National Route 363
Noted people from Meitō-ku, Nagoya
- Shibata Katsuie – Samurai during the Sengoku period
- Mao Asada – professional figure skater
- Mai Asada – professional figure skater, model, actress
- Tetsuo Nakanishi – professional soccer player
- Kayo Satoh – model, actress
- 名東区の紹介 (in Japanese). Nagoya City. 9 September 2010. Retrieved 7 January 2011.
- / Official website (Japanese)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meitō-ku, Nagoya.|