|Department||San Salvador Department|
|Elevation||2,336 ft (712 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimated)|
Mejicanos is a city located in San Salvador, El Salvador. At the 2009 estimate it had 160,751 inhabitants. It has been characterized by its typical food "Yuca Frita con Merienda".
It has a municipal market, where the local citizens can buy groceries, vegetables, dairy products, meat, pupusas, etc. Many of the things available in the local market are produced in the surrounding villages, like vegetables.
It is located in a strategic point because is in the main route to other towns or municipalities, like Cuscatancingo, Mariona, San Ramon, San Salvador, etc. However it has-single lane roads, which accounts for the frequent traffic jams in the center of the city.
It has always been characterized by being a disorganized city, like other cities in El Salvador. Even though it has a municipal market people use the streets to sell their products.
Because the average altitude of the city is around 600 meters above sea level, the climate is typically warm, although the local citizen are used to that.
As of February 2007 many bus routes go though Mejicanos.
- Route 32 goes from San Salvador's downtown (El Centro) to La Montreal (Although is Avenida Montreal is well known just for La Montreal).
- Route 23 goes from San Salvador's downtown (El Centro) to San Ramón.
- Route 6 goes from San Salvador's downtown (El Centro) to Mariona.
- Route 24 goes from San Salvador's downtown (El Centro) to Cuscatancingo.
- Route 33 goes from San Salvador's downtown (El Centro) to Canton San Roque(El Pito).