Mel in 2012
|Born||Melanie Nunes Fronckowiak
January 16, 1988
Pelotas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
|Occupation||Model, Actress, Singer, Dancer|
|Years active||2007 – present|
Melanie Nunes Fronckowiak (born January 16, 1988) and professionally known as Mel Fronckowiak, is a Brazilian actress, singer, dancer and model. As one of the six protagonists of the Brazilian soap opera Rebelde ("Rebel") and a vocalist of band Rebeldes ("Rebellious"), Fronckowiak became internationally known in 2008, when she became chosen by the brand Sloggi, owned by Triumph International, as the holder of the "most beautiful butt in the world".
Her surname, Fronckowiak, is of Polish origin. A daughter of a psychologist mother Berenice Nunes and André Fronckowiak, the actress was quite active in school and from early childhood had always dreamed of having an artistic career. She participated in the Grêmio estudantil and was several times representative of her class. In high school she won a scholarship to a university in Santa Cruz do Sul, where his paternal uncle lived. At 15 years of age, she left home for the first time. She studied journalism in college, with evident support of her family.
At 19 she became a model after winning the title Miss Mundo Rio Grande do Sul. In the same contest she won the title of Miss Personalidade and Miss Sul Mundo. She went on to represent the state of Rio Grande do Sul in Miss Mundo Brasil competition of 2007, winning 2nd place. At the time she was still in college studying journalism. She was then invited by a modeling agency to work professionally. Fronckowiak postponed her schooling, and went on to work in the great centers of world fashion such as Paris, Milan, Madrid and New York City.
In 2008 she was elected "Miss Butt" in a contest sponsored by the brand Sloggi, owned by Triumph International of France. The contest, titled "Show me your sloggi", was contested by models from all over the world, and had as its objective choosing the one man and one woman with "world's most beautiful bottom". Fronckowiak signed a contract with Sloggi, winning a prize of 15000 euro and an insurance policy for her butt.
After working as a model, Fronckowiak did amateur theater and began her television career by doing some commercials. In 2010 she made a cameo appearance in a scene in the Brazilian soap opera "Viver a Vida", playing the character of Duda, a friend of Luciana, the chief protagonist played by Alinne Moraes. In 2010 she signed with Rede Record, and the following year she joined the cast of Rebelde, where she plays the bulimic character Carla. In fiction, Carla is one of the six vocalists of the band Rebeldes. In real life Fronckowiak is also a part of a band, performing throughout Brazil.
In October 2011 the former model was voted the "Girl of the Year" in Meus Prêmios Nick, the most important teen event sponsored by Nickelodeon Brazil. In 2012 Fronckowiak won two categories in the Troféu Internet, and was nominated to Troféu Imprensa, one of the biggest annual awards and a highlight of Brazilian television.
Advertising spokesperson 
Awards and nominations 
|2012||Troféu Internet||Best Actress||Carla Ferrer in Rebelde||Won|
|Revelation of Year||Won|
|2012||Prêmio Jovem Brasileiro||Best Teen Singer||Rebeldes||Won|
- "O que é que a pelotense tem" (in portuguese). Revista Veja.
- "Ao custo de R$ 250 mil por capítulo, "Rebelde" é a nova aposta da Record no horário das sete: Saiba mais sobre os seis protagonistas" (in Portuguese). UOL. March 15, 2011. Retrieved April 11, 2011.
- "What a Champ! Melanie Nunes Fronckowiak". Now Public. November 13, 2008.
- "Mel Fronckowiak" (in Portuguese). Perfilando.
- "Mel Fronckowiak, dedicação em tudo que faz" (in Portuguese). MSN Brasil. April 15, 2012.
- "Gaúcha Melanie Fronckwoiak conquista a Europa" (in Portuguese). CARAS. April 8, 2009.
- "Estrela de Rebelde foi eleita o ‘bumbum mais bonito do mundo’" (in Portuguese). Ofuxico. October 15, 2010.
- "Mel Fronckowiak é eleita a Gata do Ano no Meus Prêmios Nick" (in Portuguese). R7. October 14, 2011.
- "Mel Fronckowiak, a Carla de ‘Rebelde’: ‘Não sinto vergonha nenhuma de ter sido Miss Bumbum’" (in Portuguese). R7. April 1, 2012.
- "Renner sugere Happy Hour em Casa" (in Portuguese). Renner - Releases. September 3, 2009.
- ""A Carla está mais madura", diz Mel Fronckowiak sobre a segunda fase de Rebelde" (in Portuguese). R7. March 13, 2012.
- "Atores de Rebelde levam cinco prêmios no Troféu Imprensa 2012" (in Portuguese). R7. March 26, 2012.
- Banda Rebeldes é a grande vencedora do 11º Prêmio Jovem Brasileiro. R7 (1 de outubro de 2012).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Melanie Fronckowiak|