Melbourne tram route 59
|Airport West - City (Elizabeth Street)|
|Start||Melbourne CBD (Elizabeth St)|
|Length||14.7 km (9.1 mi)|
|Annual patronage||10.2 million|
|Timetable||Route 59 timetable|
|Map||Route 59 map|
Melbourne tram route 59 is operated by Yarra Trams on the Melbourne tram network. It operates from the intersection of Flinders and Elizabeth Streets in the city centre to Airport West in the north western suburbs.
The route runs along Elizabeth Street in the city, Flemington Road in Parkville, Mount Alexander Road through Flemington, Ascot Vale and Moonee Ponds, Pascoe Vale Road through Moonee Ponds and Essendon, Fletcher Street in Essendon, Mount Alexander Road in Essendon, Keilor Road through Essendon North and Niddrie, and Matthews Avenue in Airport West where it terminates at the corner of Matthews Avenue and Rodd Road.
There are 59 stops on route 59.
- Elizabeth Street (stops 1 - 9)
- Collins Street, tram routes 11, 12, 42, 48, 109, and 112 (stop 2)
- Bourke Street, GPO, tram routes 86, 95, and 96 (stop 3)
- Lonsdale Street, St Francis' Church (stop 4)
- La Trobe Street, Melbourne Central Shopping Centre and railway station, tram routes 24, 30, 34, and City Circle (stop 5)
- Victoria Street, Queen Victoria Market, tram route 57 (stop 7)
- Flemington Road (stops 9 - 22)
- Mount Alexander Road/Fletcher Street (stops 22-44)
- Keilor Road
- Matthews Avenue
- Earl Street, Essendon Airport (stop 56)
Ends at Airport West (stop 59)