10 March 1968 |
|Alma mater||University of Bradford(UK)
BS Electronic Engineering, 1991
|Known for||Founder & CEO of Comodo Group|
Melih Abdulhayoğlu (born March 10, 1968) is a Turkish American entrepreneur and CEO of Comodo Group, an Internet security company he founded in the United Kingdom in 1998 and relocated to the US in 2004. He also works with The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey to promote technology companies in Turkey.
Melih previously founded AdTrustMedia, an advertising network company that promotes privacy and security in online advertising, in 2012. He arranged the first CAB forum meeting (now called CA/Browser Forum) in 2005 and the Common Computing Security Standards Forum in 2009.
Melih Abdulhayoğlu was born in Turkey, where he studied at Hatay high-school. At the age of 18, he moved to the United Kingdom, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering from the University of Bradford in 1991.
Awards and recognitions
- TurkofAmerica Magazine, turkofamerica.com (December 5, 2010). "The Security of the Internet Is in the Hands of A Turk". Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- "Melih Abdulhayoğlu - CNN TÜRK Video". Video.cnnturk.com. 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Larry Seltzer (2008-05-09). "Melih was the original force behind the CA/Browser Forum and EV-SSL". Eweek.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Melih Abdulhayoglu co-founded the CAB Forum". Scribd.com. 2012-09-14. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Dunn, John (July 16, 2009). "AV vendors fight 'scareware' with new whitelist". TechWorld. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "AV vendors fight 'scareware' with new whitelist - Techworld.com". News.techworld.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Melih Abdulhayoglu". Comodo Company Profile. Retrieved November 9, 2010.