10 March 1968 |
|Alma mater||University of Bradford(UK)
BS Electronic Engineering, 1991
|Known for||Founder & CEO of Comodo Group|
Melih Abdulhayoğlu (born March 10, 1968) is a Turkish American entrepreneur and CEO of Comodo Group, an Internet security company he founded in the United Kingdom in 1998 and relocated to the US in 2004.
Melih Abdulhayoğlu was born in Turkey, where he studied at Hatay high-school. At the age of 18, he moved to the United Kingdom, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering from the University of Bradford in 1991 and is listed among the notable alumni.
He founded his company Comodo in the UK while still in college in 1998 and relocated it to Jersey City, NJ USA in 2004. Comodo specializes in Internet Security software, most prominently SSL certificates that secure connections between clients and servers.
Melih founded the industry standards organization CA/Browser Forum) in 2005, initially to promote new standards that resulted in the creation of Extended Validation SSL Certificate (EV-SSL). In 2009, Melih organized the Common Computing Security Standards Forum, initially to deal with the problem of faux antivirus software being used by cyber-criminals. According to Turk of America magazine, Melih is an influential Turkish American businessman.
- TurkofAmerica Magazine, turkofamerica.com (December 5, 2010). "The Security of the Internet Is in the Hands of A Turk". Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- "Melih Abdulhayoglu". Comodo Company Profile. Retrieved November 9, 2010.
- Larry Seltzer (2008-05-09). "Melih was the original force behind the CA/Browser Forum and EV-SSL". Eweek.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Melih Abdulhayoglu co-founded the CAB Forum". Scribd.com. 2012-09-14. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Dunn, John (July 16, 2009). "AV vendors fight 'scareware' with new whitelist". TechWorld. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "AV vendors fight 'scareware' with new whitelist - Techworld.com". News.techworld.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Melih Abdulhayoğlu - CNN TÜRK Video". Video.cnnturk.com. 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2013-06-11.