10 March 1968 |
|Alma mater||University of Bradford(UK)
BS Electronic Engineering, 1991
|Known for||Founder & CEO of Comodo Group
Organized CA/Browser Forum
Organized CCSS Forum
Founder of AdTrustMedia
|Awards||Ernst & Young "Entrepreneur of the Year - NJ Region" Dec. 2008|
Melih Abdulhayoğlu (born March 10, 1968) is a Turkish American entrepreneur. As an inventor, he holds several patents. He has written many articles on Internet security. In 1998, he founded Comodo, a privately held international company that produces computer security products including SSL certificates. In 2012 he found AdTrustMedia, an advertising network company that promotes privacy and security in online advertising.
Melih Abdulhayoğlu was born in Turkey, where he studied at Hatay high-school. At the age of 18, he moved to the United Kingdom, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering from the University of Bradford in 1991.
The Comodo Group
Melih is President and CEO of Comodo Group which specializes in SSL digital certificates and Internet security. He founded Comodo in the United Kingdom in 1998 and relocated the company to the United States in 2004.
In 2005 Melih arranged the first meeting of CAB forum (what is now called CA/Browser Forum), an industry consortium designed to establish end-to-end authentication and security business processes.
Common Computing Security Standards Forum
The CCSS Forum maintains a list of legitimate antivirus engines. According to Melih "Whether they pay for their security software or they use a free version, Internet users have a right to know that their software is protecting them, not exposing them to danger or adware".
Turkish Informatics Valley Project
He is currently working with TUBITAK, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, on a plan to promote technology companies in Turkey. The plan is being referred to as an effort to create a Turkish version of the American high tech region called "Silicon Valley" in Ankara.  He was interviewed by CNN Turkey on October 16, 2012 on the project.
Interviews and appearances
- Abdulhayoğlu has been interviewed by the Network Products Guide, by Turk TV, by Fox Business. by Info Security Magazine, and by Bloomberg Business News Turkey in.
- He appeared on television  and radio, discussing the importance of online security and the Extended Validation Certificate.
- He was the subject of the October 14, 2012 cover story of Platin Magazine, the popular Turkish business news magazine.
- His recommendations were published on USA Today  and BNET Technology
Awards and recognitions
- TurkofAmerica Magazine, turkofamerica.com (December 5, 2010). "The Security of the Internet Is in the Hands of A Turk". Retrieved October 9, 2011.
- "Ernst & Young - Hall Of Fame". Eoyhof.ey.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Patent References". Freshpatents.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Melih Abdulhayoglu". Comodo Company Profile. Retrieved November 9, 2010.
- Larry Seltzer (2008-05-09). "Melih was the original force behind the CA/Browser Forum and EV-SSL". Eweek.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Melih Abdulhayoglu co-founded the CAB Forum". Scribd.com. 2012-09-14. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Dunn, John (July 16, 2009). "AV vendors fight 'scareware' with new whitelist". TechWorld. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "AV vendors fight 'scareware' with new whitelist - Techworld.com". News.techworld.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Turkey to offer tax-free ‘Silicon Valley’ for tech investors - Invest in Turkey". Invest.gov.tr. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Melih Abdulhayoğlu - CNN TÜRK Video". Video.cnnturk.com. 2012-10-16. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "June 22, 2008". Networkproductsguide.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "May 25, 2010". Vimeo.com. 2010-05-25. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "interviewed by Fox Business". Video.foxbusiness.com. 2011-05-05. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "November 16, 2010". Infosecurity-magazine.com. 2010-11-16. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "August 2012". Youtube.com. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Comodo CEO'su Melih Abdulhayoglu Bloomberg TV'de canlı yayın konuğu oldu.". August 16, 2011.
- "İK 2.0". Platinonline.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Acohido, Byron (2009-02-17). "Obama taps cybersecurity expert to assess U.S. defenses". Usatoday.com. Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- Hickins, Michael (April 16, 2009). "Microsoft Try to Change its Security Identity". MoneyWatch. Retrieved June 6, 2013.