|Products||Pharmaceuticals, contract research|
Melior Discovery, Inc. is a private biopharmaceutical company based in Exton, Pennsylvania, USA. The company specializes in drug repositioning and has established a proprietary phenotypic screening platform that it uses for this purpose. Melior also offers certain contract research organization (CRO) services comprising animal models representing different disease conditions. The Company has issued press releases disclosing partnerships with Pfizer, Merck & Co., Johnson & Johnson, and AstraZeneca, all citing the use of the company’s drug repositioning technology. Melior Discovery has also used its technology to discover its own drug candidates. In March 2009 the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the company’s Investigational New Drug (IND) application for a type 2 diabetes therapeutic candidate, MLR-1023.
Melior Discovery was co-founded in 2005 by Dr. Andrew Reaume (President and CEO) and Dr. Michael Saporito (Vice President of Research). Its investors include Cammeby’s Capital Group, VenturEast, Osage Ventures, Mid-Atlantic Angel Group, and BioAdvance.
- "The FDA also approved Melior discovery's IND application for the clinical development of its novel first-in-class kinase activator, MLR-1023, for the treatment of Type 2 diabetes.(New Drug Applications) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared". Business.highbeam.com. 2009-04-01. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "NGP Europe - Drug Discovery - Productivity Crisis - Innovation Gap | GDS Publishing". Ngpharma.eu.com. 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- EDGAR Search
- Melior Discovery Website
- Melior Discovery- Company Profile
- GEN Article: "Repositioning Idle Drugs via Systematic Serendipity"
- NGP Article: "Teaching an old drug new tricks…"