Melissa & Doug
|Founders||Melissa and Doug Bernstein|
|Headquarters||Wilton, Connecticut, United States|
Melissa & Doug is an American manufacturer and purveyor of children's toys. The company was founded by Melissa and Doug Bernstein in their basement in 1988. It is headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut. It is especially noted for wooden puzzles and similar types of high-end educational toys. Though originally made in the United States, its products are now mostly manufactured by Chinese suppliers.
A 2006 profile on the company reported that it had about 200 employees in the United States and 1,000 in China, and that the company has had double digit growth every year for the prior 18 years.
Melissa and Doug was fined $1,386 on November 15, 2012 by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for not completing employment forms for all of its employees.
JNK Originals of Hazard KY complained that Melissa and Doug rescinded a territory protection agreement.
- Around UConn - Summer 2007 - UConn Magazine
- Smarty toys and nice outfits by Melissa&Doug at Bebe.in.ua
- Melissa & Doug, LLC: Private Company Information - Businessweek
- I DO, I DO: one Melissa and Doug to another | Jacksonville.com
- Parents find they can't boycott China- made toys even if they fear lead taint - NY Daily News
- Entertainment News, Celebrity Interviews and Pop Culture - ABC News
- Wilton toy company, Melissa & Doug fined for hiring unlawful employees - Thehour.com: News
- JNK Originals returns all Melissa and Doug merchandise
|This article about a toy company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Connecticut-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|