Melissa & Doug
|Founder||Melissa and Doug Bernstein|
|Headquarters||Wilton, Connecticut, United States|
Melissa & Doug is an American manufacturer and purveyor of children's toys. The company was founded by Melissa and Doug Bernstein in their basement in 1988. It is headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut. It is especially noted for wooden puzzles and similar types of high-end educational toys. All products are designed in-house in Westport, Connecticut by the sole designer, Melissa herself.  Though the original product line (a line of videotapes) was manufactured in the United States, all subsequent products (toys) have been made in Asia.
A 2015 profile on the company reported that it had about 500-600 employees in the United States and 200 in China, and that the company has had double digit growth every year for the prior 25 years.
Melissa and Doug was fined $1,386 on November 15, 2012 by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement for not completing employment forms for all of its employees.
JNK Originals of Hazard KY complained that Melissa and Doug rescinded a territory protection agreement.
- Around UConn - Summer 2007 - UConn Magazine
- Smarty toys and nice outfits by Melissa&Doug at Bebe.in.ua
- Melissa & Doug, LLC: Private Company Information - Businessweek
- I DO, I DO: one Melissa and Doug to another | Jacksonville.com
- Parents find they can't boycott China- made toys even if they fear lead taint - NY Daily News
- Entertainment News, Celebrity Interviews and Pop Culture - ABC News
- Wilton toy company, Melissa & Doug fined for hiring unlawful employees - Thehour.com: News
- JNK Originals returns all Melissa and Doug merchandise
|This article about a toy company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Connecticut-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|