Rauch at ComicCon, July 2012
|Born||Melissa Ivy Rauch
June 23, 1980
Marlboro Township, New Jersey, U.S.
Rauch was born in Marlboro Township, New Jersey, the daughter of Susan and David Rauch. She developed an interest in acting while attending Marlboro High School. Rauch has a Bachelor in Fine Arts degree in Acting from Marymount Manhattan College. She is Jewish.
In 2009 Rauch began playing the recurring role of Bernadette, the girlfriend of Howard Wolowitz, in the third season of TV's The Big Bang Theory. The following season her character became Howard's fiancée and Rauch was promoted to a series regular. The characters married in the season five finale. In December 2011, Rauch was nominated as part of The Big Bang Theory cast for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series.
Rauch has been a participant in VH1's Best Week Ever television show. Other acting credits include True Blood, on which she had a recurring role in 2010 as Summer, a girl who likes Hoyt, and The Office. Rauch also appeared on the American remake of the Australian TV series Kath & Kim. She also appeared in Wright v Wrong, Dirty Sexy Money, and in the film I Love You, Man.
Rauch is also part of the cast of the comedic stage show The Realest Real Housewives, alongside Casey Wilson, June Diane Raphael, Jessica St. Clair and Danielle Schneider. The show began running at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in 2011.
Rauch is married to writer Winston Beigel, who collaborated with her on The Miss Education of Jenna Bush and other projects.
|2009||I Love You, Man||Woman Jogger Yelling at Sidney|
|The Condom Killer||Audra||Short|
|2010||Wright vs. Wrong||Daisy Cake||TV movie|
|2013||You Are Here||Unknown||Post-Production|
|In Lieu of Flowers||Carrie|
|2007||12 Miles of Bad Road||Bethany||3 episodes:
"The Dirty White Girl" (season 1: episode 2)
"Collateral Verbiage" (season 1: episode 4)
"Moonshadow" (season 1: episode 6)
|2008-09||Kath & Kim||Tina||Recurring role, 6 episodes:
"Respect" (season 1: episode 2)
"Dating" (season 1: episode 5)
"Friends" (season 1: episode 9)
"Idols" (season 1: episode 12)
"Bachelorette" (season 1: episode 16)
"Home" (season 1: episode 17)
|2009–present||The Big Bang Theory||Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz||Season 3 (recurring; 5 episodes)
Season 4-present (Main role)
|2010||The Office||Cathy Duke||1 episode|
|True Blood||Summer||Recurring role, 6 episodes:
"Trouble" (season 3: episode 5)
"Hitting the Ground" (season 3: episode 7)
"Everything Is Broken" (season 3: episode 9)
"I Smell a Rat" (season 3: episode 10)
"Fresh Blood" (season 3: episode 11)
"Evil Is Going On" (season 3: episode 12)
- "Melissa Rauch: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "Winston Beigel". broadwayworld.com Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Considine, Bob. "Take Five With Melissa Rauch", Inside Jersey, , May 2011. Accessed July 15, 2013. "I also had a terrific theater teacher at Marlboro High School who taught me a great deal and was very encouraging. There wasn’t a ton to do in Marlboro, so for me, it was either hang outside the Wawa or put on a show."
- Wieselman, Jaret. (September 22, 2011). "A 'Big Bang Theory' Wedding?". E!.
- "Profiles in Panelism: Melissa Rauch". Bestweekever.tv. May 29, 2008.
- The Realest Real Housewives at UCB: A Celebration of the Best Show Ever
- Larry Getlen, New York Post, Screaming Success: A Loud Family Helped Melissa Rauch do a ‘Bang’-up Job, March 24, 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Melissa Rauch.|