Rauch at ComicCon, July 2012
|Born||Melissa Ivy Rauch
June 23, 1980
Marlboro Township, New Jersey, U.S.
Rauch was born in Marlboro Township, New Jersey, and attended Frank Defino Central Elementary School in Marlboro. She developed an interest in acting while attending Marlboro High School. Rauch has a Bachelor in Fine Arts degree in acting from Marymount Manhattan College. She is Jewish.
In 2009, Rauch began playing the recurring role of Bernadette, the girlfriend of Howard Wolowitz, in the third season of TV's The Big Bang Theory. The following season her character became Howard's fiancée and Rauch was promoted to a series regular. The characters married in the season five finale. In December 2011, Rauch was nominated as part of The Big Bang Theory cast for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series.
Rauch has been a participant in VH1's Best Week Ever television show. Other acting credits include True Blood, on which she had a recurring role in 2010 as Summer, a girl who likes Hoyt, and The Office. Rauch also appeared on the American remake of the Australian TV series Kath & Kim. She also appeared in Wright v Wrong and in the film I Love You, Man.
Rauch is also part of the cast of the comedic stage show The Realest Real Housewives, alongside Casey Wilson, June Diane Raphael, Jessica St. Clair and Danielle Schneider. The show began running at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in 2011.
|2009||I Love You, Man||Woman Jogger Yelling at Sidney|
|2009||The Condom Killer||Audra||Short|
|2010||Wright vs. Wrong||Daisy Cake||TV movie|
|2013||You Are Here||Unknown||Post-Production|
|2013||In Lieu of Flowers||Carrie|
|2015||The Bronze||Filming, also writer|
|2007||12 Miles of Bad Road||Bethany||3 episodes:
"The Dirty White Girl" (season 1: episode 2)
"Collateral Verbiage" (season 1: episode 4)
"Moonshadow" (season 1: episode 6)
|2008-09||Kath & Kim||Tina||Season 1 (recurring; 6 episodes)|
|2009–present||The Big Bang Theory||Dr. Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz||Season 3 (recurring; 5 episodes)
Season 4-present (series regular; 84 episodes)
|2010||The Office||Cathy Duke||1 episode|
|2010||True Blood||Summer||Season 3 (recurring; 6 episodes)|
|2014||Teenage Fairytale Dropouts||Miss Macabre||1 episode
"Something Wicked This Way Substitutes"
|2014||Sofia the First||Ruby's Godmother||1 episode|
- Melissa Rauch movie 'The Bronze' to shoot June 29 in Amherst
- ‘Bronze’ to film downtown
- "Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Five Questions - Video - wkyc.com". WKYC. Retrieved July 26, 2014.
- "Melissa Rauch: Biography". TV Guide. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "Winston Beigel". broadwayworld.com Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Considine, Bob. "Take Five With Melissa Rauch", Inside Jersey, May 2011. Accessed July 15, 2013. "I also had a terrific theater teacher at Marlboro High School who taught me a great deal and was very encouraging. There wasn't a ton to do in Marlboro, so for me, it was either hang outside the Wawa or put on a show."
- Wieselman, Jaret. (September 22, 2011). "A 'Big Bang Theory' Wedding?". E!.
- Best Week Ever TV, Halftime Report: Melissa Rauch Defends Her Box, August 28, 2007
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Cast On Being Part of an Ensemble, Backstage, Nov. 29, 2012
- "Profiles in Panelism: Melissa Rauch". Bestweekever.tv. May 29, 2008.
- The Realest Real Housewives at UCB: A Celebration of the Best Show Ever
- Larry Getlen, New York Post, Screaming Success: A Loud Family Helped Melissa Rauch do a 'Bang'-up Job, March 24, 2013
- Stephen M. Silverman, People magazine, Jenna Bush Takes Center Stage in New York, August 19, 2005
- "Second Season of Disney Junior's Hit Series "Sofia the First" Debuts Friday, March 7 on Disney Channel Read more at http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/02/07/second-season-of-disney-juniors-hit-series-sofia-the-first-debuts-friday-march-7-on-disney-channel-697403/20140207disney01/#85m63OHe0TdBfG7D.99". The Futon Critic (Disney). 7 February 2014. Retrieved 29 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Melissa Rauch.|