Meliti (municipal unit)
|Administrative region:||West Macedonia|
|Population statistics (as of 2011)|
|Time zone:||EET/EEST (UTC+2/3)|
|Postal code:||530 71|
Meliti (Greek: Δήμος Μελίτης) is a former municipality in Florina regional unit, West Macedonia, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Florina, of which it is a municipal unit. The seat of the municipality was in Neochoraki.
The municipal unit Meliti is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Neochoraki (Neochoraki, Agios Athanasios)
- Achlada (Achlada, Ano Achlada, Giourouki)
According to the 2011 census, the population of Meliti Municipality was 7,803 people. The municipality has a mixed population of Slavophone Greeks and the descendants of Greek refugees from Asia Minor.
- "Detailed census results 2011" (xls 2,7 MB). National Statistical Service of Greece. (Greek)
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- Meliti Municipality (Greek)
|This West Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|