April 13, 1992 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Hair color||Dark brown|
|Shoe size||(US) 7.5|
Melodie Monrose is a fashion model from Martinique.
Monrose began her modeling career in 2010 at the age of 18, when she was discovered by Your Angels Models, a local modeling agency in her native Martinique. Just weeks after signing with Your Angels Models Monrose began working with Wilhelmina in New York and Silent models in Paris. Debuting during the S/S 2011 collections in New York, Monrose has since walked the runway for top designers including Michael Kors, Bottega Veneta, Lanvin, Miu Miu, and Yves Saint Laurent. After her first runway season Monrose was named a top 10 new face by Style.com, Models.com, and COACD. In July 2011 Monrose left Wilhelmina for Silent models, which now represents her in both New York and Paris.
Before becoming a model Monrose dreamed of a career as a designer. Deeply interested in fashion, in a January 2011 interview with Vogue Italia she named John Galliano, Zac Posen, Tom Ford, and Marc Jacobs as her favorite designers.
- "Mélodie – Your Angel Models". Yourangelmodels.com. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- Lim, James (2011-10-04). "Meet the New Girl: Melodie Monrose, Shy Girl Turned Supermodel? - The Cut". Nymag.com. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- "Melodie Monrose Photos on". Style.com. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- "The Top Ten New Models of Spring 2011". Style.com. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- October 18th, 2010 by wayne (2010-10-18). "Top 10 Newcomer SS11: Melodie (Wilhelmina) - Of The Minute". Models.com. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- [dead link]
- "Melodie Monrose: Wilhelmina -> Silent NY - Switching models" (in (French)). Switching-models.over-blog.com. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- "Melodie Monrose - Model Profile - Photos & latest news". Models.com. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- "D&G F/W 11 (D&G)". Models.com. Retrieved 2011-10-08.
- Bethann Hardison (2010-12-14). "Melodie Monrose". Vogue.it. Retrieved 2011-10-08.