Melody Davidson (born in Coronation, Alberta) was the head coach of the Canadian national women's hockey team. She was the head coach of the gold medal winning 2006 Winter Olympics and 2010 Winter Olympics Canadian women's team.
A graduate of the University of Alberta, she was also the head coach of the Cornell Big Red women's ice hockey team. Previously the head coach of the Connecticut College Camels women's ice hockey team.
As part of the IIHF Ambassador and Mentor Program, Davidson was a Hockey Canada coaching mentor that travelled to Bratislava, Slovakia to participate in the 2011 IIHF High Performance Women's Camp from July 4–12.
Awards and honors
- List of 2009 Most Influential Women as awarded by the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity (CAAWS)
- Hockey Canada News - MELODY DAVIDSON NAMED HEAD COACH FOR CANADA'S NATIONAL WOMEN'S HOCKEY TEAM FOR 2004-2005 SEASON AND 2006 WINTER OLYMPICS IN TORINO, ITALY
- Official Cornell University Bio
- Article on her position with Canadian National Team
- http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/60681/la_id/1.htm contains the official Canadian team roster including Coach.
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|