From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Melpomene in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Melpomene was one of the Nine Muses in Greek mythology and a Greek female given name (popular variant: Melpo).
Melpomene may also refer to:
- 18 Melpomene, a main belt asteroid
- HMS Melpomene, seven ships of the Royal Navy
- Melpomene (plant), a genus of polypod fern
- Melpomene (spider) a genus of spider in the family Agelenidae.
- Melpomene Projects, one of the Housing Projects of New Orleans
- Melpo Mene, an Indie pop band from Stockholm, Sweden.
- Melpomene, a woman reported to have attempted to participate in the 1896 Olympics, possibly Stamata Revithi
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Melpomene.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.