Melrose Township, Adams County, Illinois
Location in Adams County
Adams County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||46.55 sq mi (120.6 km2)|
|• Land||44.57 sq mi (115.4 km2)|
|• Water||1.98 sq mi (5.1 km2) 4.25%|
|Elevation||607 ft (185 m)|
|• Density||128.9/sq mi (49.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62301, 62338, 62347, 62360|
|GNIS feature ID||0429351|
Melrose Township is one of twenty-two townships in Adams County, Illinois, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 5,746 and it contained 2,351 housing units. The northwestern part of the township has been separated into Quincy Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 46.55 square miles (120.6 km2), of which 44.57 square miles (115.4 km2) (or 95.75%) is land and 1.98 square miles (5.1 km2) (or 4.25%) is water.
The township contains four cemeteries: Ehe, Melrose Chapel, Mount Carmel and Saint Anthonys.
- Interstate 172 (spur of Interstate 72)
- US Route 24
- Illinois State Route 57
- Illinois State Route 104
- Illinois State Route 336
Airports and landing strips
- Seigfried Halfpap Airport
- Big Lake
- Snyder Lake
- Turtle Lake
- Indian Mounds Park (east edge)
- Lock and Dam No. 21
- Payson Community Unit School District 1
- Quincy School District 172
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Melrose Township, Adams County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Ellington Township||Gilmer Township|
|Fabius Township, Marion County, Missouri||Burton Township|
|Liberty Township, Marion County, Missouri||Fall Creek Township||Payson Township|