Meltemi (operating system)
|Company / developer||Nokia|
|OS family||Mobile operating system|
|Source model||Open source|
|Marketing target||Feature phones|
|Kernel type||Linux kernel|
Reportedly leaded by Mary McDowell, Nokia's executive vice president at that time, the project was believed to be a replacement of Series 40 or Symbian that target low-end market. It's believed to feature a MeeGo Harmattan UI. This is initially reported by Wall Street Journal back in year 2011, and then confirmed by The Register. It had been reported later that its development is to be canceled and replace by the continuation of S40 platform and bringing Windows Phone platform to a lower end and although Nokia does not stated it officially it had been said that something had been canceled when their CEO was asked about it.
- "Nokia Meltemi: Homegrown Platform’s Features Detailed". My Nokia Blog. 2013-03-04. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Chris Davies. "Nokia Meltemi survivors suggest axed OS was nearly ready". SlashGear. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Reisinger, Don (2012-07-26). "Nokia quietly kills Linux-based Meltemi, report says | Mobile - CNET News". News.cnet.com. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Brandom, Russell (2012-06-14). "Nokia's 'Meltemi' Linux-based mobile OS reportedly shelved". The Verge. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Lawton, Christopher (2011-09-29). "Nokia Aims Software at Low-End Phones - WSJ.com". Online.wsj.com. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Nokia to turn mobile landscape on its head with ‘Meltemi’ smartphone OS". BGR. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Nokia Preparing New “Meltemi” OS For Low-End Phones". TechCrunch. 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Brandom, Russell (2011-09-28). "Nokia's 'Meltemi' a new Linux-based OS for low-end phones?". The Verge. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Nokia Working on ‘Meltemi’ – A Symbian Replacement?". ITProPortal.com. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- 29-Sep-11 (2011-09-29). "Nokia傳開發新系統Meltemi 取代Symbian - Nokia - 香港矽谷". Hksilicon.com. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Droidsid (2011-09-29). "Nokia Developing an Open source mobile OS called Meltemi". Callingallgeeks.org. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Nokia to Impose Price Cuts on Smartphones with Linux-based Mobile OS - International Business Times". Au.ibtimes.com. 2011-10-03. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Leaked: Meltemi almost 1:1 with N9 UI; C7-like Hardware, without buttons on screen". My Nokia Blog. 2012-06-26. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Fingas, Jon. "Nokia reportedly scraps Meltemi, decides it's Series 40 or bust in basic phones". Engadget.com. Retrieved 2014-02-13.