Memari II (community development block)
|Community development block|
|Parliamentary constituency||Bardhaman Purba, Bardhaman-Durgapur|
|Assembly constituency||Memari, Manteswar|
|• Total||71.48 sq mi (185.13 km2)|
|• Density||1,900/sq mi (733/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||69.89 per cent|
Memari II (community development block) (Bengali: মেমারী II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Bardhaman Sadar South subdivision of Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Memari police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Paharhati.
Satgachia, a constituent panchayat of Memari II block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Memari II block had a total population of 135,621, out of which 69,486 were males and 66,135 were females. Memari II block registered a population growth of 13.67 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Bardhaman district was 14.36 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Memari II block had a total literacy of 69.89 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 79.54 per cent female literacy was 59.77 per cent. Bardhaman district had a total literacy of 70.18 per cent, male literacy being 78.63 per cent and female literacy being 60.95 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Burdwan district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Barddhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Bardhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-08-26.