Members Only (TV series)
|Country of origin||United States|
Members Only is an unaired American comedy-drama television series created by Susannah Grant and starring Natalie Zea and John Stamos. The series planed set to air on ABC during the 2014–15 American television season, and was ordered straight-to-series with a 13-episode pickup. The upstairs-downstairs soap opera centers on the powerful and wealthy Holmes family, owners of Connecticut's most exclusive clubs. Members Only was cancelled by ABC before its premiere.
On January 22, 2014, it was announced that ABC has given a straight-to-series 13-episode order to a drama series from the Academy Award-nominated writers David O. Russell and Susannah Grant.  The script for the pilot episode was written by Grant. Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly are also executive producers of show. Members Only was produced by CBS Television Studios and ABC Studios. Original title of the series was The Club. The series is described as an upstairs-downstairs soap opera set at a private country club. On February 26, 2014, it was announced that David O. Russell departed the series as executive producer.
The series began filming in New York City in September 2014. The first episode was directed by R. J. Cutler, who in 2012 directed the critically acclaimed pilot episode of the ABC drama series Nashville.
Callie Hernandez was the first regular member to be cast, being announced on February 26, 2014. Hernandez was cast as club worker Ana, who secretly stealing and pawning off nice items. On March 7, 2014 Canadian actor Chris Conroy was cast as Forty Holmes, who recently back from rehab. On March 24, 2014 Breaking Bad co-star Betsy Brandt joined the cast as one of lead roles as Leslie Holmes. On next day María Canals Barrera was cast as Hilda, the house manager of the country club and mother of Callie Hernandez' character. On March 27, 2014, it was announced that Boris Kodjoe will play the role of Deacon, a former football player who now is real estate broker in the Club.
On July, 2014 casting for regular roles was continued. Luke Mitchell and Jaime Lee Kirchner was cast as an employee at the club named Jesse, and Diana, the wife of Deacon. On July 24, 2014, it was announced that Michael Landes was cast as one of the leads, playing Malcolm Carr, a recently widowed pediatrician and father who is close friend with Leslie. On August 4, 2014, it was announced that Natalie Zea will be play the leading role of Mickey Holmes-Harris, a "queen bee" of the Club and her family. On September 2, 2014 John Stamos joined the cast in the male lead role of Mickey's hedge-fund billionaire husband, Randy Harris.
Cast and characters
The show features an ensemble cast, headed by Natalie Zea as lead character Mickey Holmes-Harris. The upstairs-downstairs drama also starring John Stamos as Randy, her villainous billionaire husband; Betsy Brandt as Leslie Holmes; Michael Landes as Malcolm; Chris Conroy as Forty Holmes, Mickey's 23-year-old brother; Boris Kodjoe as Deacon and Jaime Lee Kirchner as Deacon's wife Diana. In "downstairs" side María Canals Barrera stars as Hilda, the house manager of the country club; Callie Hernandez as Ana, Hilda's daughter; and Luke Mitchell as Jesse, the new employee at the club.
Alongside regular cast members, the series have several recurring players, including John Cullum as Winston Holmes III, Mickey's father, and well Rebecca Forsythe, Devyn Smith and Bailey Noble as Mickey and Randy's 17-year-old triplets-daughters.
- Lesley Goldberg. "ABC's 'Members Only' Not Moving Forward (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 22, 2014). "Soapy Drama From David O. Russell & Susannah Grant Gets ABC Series Order". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Littleton, Cynthia (January 22, 2014). "ABC Gives Series Order to Drama From David O. Russell and Susannah Grant". Variety. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Snetiker, Marc (January 22, 2014). "ABC orders drama from David O. Russell". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "ABC to Stick with Split Seasons for Most of Its Dramas". The Futon Critic. May 13, 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Kubicek, John (May 13, 2014). "ABC's 2014-2015 Schedule: Three-Hour Shonda Rhimes Block on Thursdays". BuddyTV. Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 26, 2014). "David O. Russell Exits ABC Drama Project, Which Continues As Series, Casts 1st Actor". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- O'Connell, Michael (February 26, 2014). "David O. Russell Drops Out of ABC Drama". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "NYC Film & TV Production Listings". Backstage.com. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Open Call for New ABC Series Pilot “Members Only”". August 19, 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Natalie Zea To Star In ABC Series ‘Members Only’ Directed By R.J. Cutler". Deadline. August 4, 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Chris Conroy Joins ABC's 'The Club'; Jeff Ross & Jayson Blair In ABC's Kevin Hart". Deadline Hollywood. March 7, 2014. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- Betsy Brandt To Co-Star In ABC Drama Series 'The Club'
- ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’s’ Maria Canals-Barrera Joins Susannah Grant’s ABC Series | Variety
- Boris Kodjoe Joins ABC's 'The Club'; Yvette Monreal In El Rey's 'Matador' - Deadline.com
- Goldberg, Lesley (July 11, 2014). "'Tomorrow People's' Luke Mitchell Boards ABC's 'Members Only' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. (Prometheus Global Media). Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- Nellie Andreeva (July 24, 2014). "Michael Landes To Star In ABC Series ‘Members Only’". Deadline. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "John Stamos To Star In ABC Drama Series ‘Members Only’ And Topline & Produce Dan Fogelman Comedy For ABC Studios". Retrieved 3 September 2014.