List of members of the European Parliament for the United Kingdom, 2009–14
See European Parliament election, 2009 (United Kingdom) for further information on these elections in the UK, and European Parliament election, 2009 for discussion on likely changes to the Parliamentary Groups.
|Members of the
for the United Kingdom
This table can be sorted by constituency, party or party group: click the symbol at the top of the appropriate column.
|Name||Region||Party||Date||Reason for departure|
|Caroline Lucas||South East England||Greens (E&W)||17 May 2010||Resigned on election to the House of Commons|
|Diana Wallis||Yorkshire and the Humber||Lib Dem||31 January 2012||Retired|
|Liz Lynne||West Midlands||Lib Dem||3 February 2012||Retired|
|Bairbre de Brún||Northern Ireland||Sinn Féin||3 May 2012||Retired|
- Marta Andreasen was elected for the UK Independence Party but joined the Conservative Party in February 2013.
- Liz Lynne retired on 3 February 2012 and was replaced by Phil Bennion on 6 February 2012.
- David Campbell Bannerman was elected for the UK Independence Party but joined the Conservative Party on 24 May 2011.
- Roger Helmer was elected as a Conservative but joined the UK Independence Party on 3 March 2012.
- Anthea McIntyre became a Member on 1 December 2011 under the provisions of the Treaty of Lisbon.
- Nikki Sinclaire was elected for the UK Independence Party but left the party on 18 January 2010.
- Caroline Lucas resigned on 17 May 2010 and was replaced by Keith Taylor on 2 June 2010.
- Diana Wallis resigned on 31 January 2012 and was replaced by Rebecca Taylor on 8 March 2012.