From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Memnon may refer to:
- Saint Memnon the Wonderworker — early Christian saint from Egypt, hermit and hegumen of one of Egyptian monasteries
- Memnon (mythology) and those erroneously named after him in the Graeco-Roman era:
- Memnon of Heraclea Heraclea Pontica, Greek historian; c. 1st century he wrote a history about his city in Asia Minor on the Black Sea
- Memnon (ward of Herodes Atticus) at Athens in the 2nd century
- Memnon of Rhodes (380–333 BC), commander of the Greek mercenaries working for the Persian King Darius III
- Memnon (horse), a British Thoroughbred racehorse
- Memnon (novel) by Scott Oden, based on Memnon of Rhodes
- Memnon (character), the name of the main villain in the movie The Scorpion King
- 2895 Memnon, an asteroid
- Memnon (clipper), the first clipper ship to reach San Francisco during the Gold Rush
- Memnon, 1858 clipper-built ship
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.