Memory and Humanity
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)|
|Memory and Humanity|
|Studio album by Funeral for a Friend|
|Released||13 October 2008|
|Label||Join Us (UK)
Victory (Canada, U.S.)
|Funeral for a Friend chronology|
|Singles from Memory and Humanity|
Memory and Humanity is the fourth studio album by Welsh rock band Funeral for a Friend, released on 13 October 2008. The album was released through the band's own record label Join Us in the UK, Victory Records in the US and Canada, and Roadrunner Records in the rest of the world.
On 26 January 2008, drummer Ryan Richards made an announcement on the band's forum, stating that FFAF were to spend the first few months of the year recording, with a view to releasing a four or five track EP in March or April 2008. After writing more material than originally planned, the band decided to release a full-length album instead, expected out in September. Ryan also announced that the new album would contain harsh/screaming vocals, riffs and would be closer to Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation than any of their other albums, although it would still be significantly different and more technical, saying that they want to move forward, and never back to any old style.
The first single from the album, "Waterfront Dance Club", was released on 14 July 2008, in the 7" format as a double A-side along with the track "Beneath the Burning Tree", whilst the song "Waterfront Dance Club" was released as a free download on the same day.
The album was released on 13 October 2008 and reached #17 in the UK album charts selling 10,000 copies.
|1.||"Rules and Games"||2:48|
|2.||"To Die Like Mouchette"||3:20|
|3.||"Kicking and Screaming"||3:23|
|5.||"Maybe I Am?"||3:36|
|6.||"You Can't See the Forest for the Wolves"||3:22|
|8.||"Beneath the Burning Tree"||3:34|
|9.||"Someday the Fire..."||3:13|
|10.||"Waterfront Dance Club"||4:22|
|11.||"Charlie Don't Surf"||3:44|
|Japanese bonus tracks|
Funeral for a Friend:
- Kris Coombs-Roberts – guitar
- Gareth Ellis-Davies – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Matthew Davies-Kreye – vocals, guitar (tracks 11 and 13), keyboard (tracks 1, 3, 9 and 13)
- Ryan Richards – drums, unclean vocals
- Darran Smith – guitar
- Romesh Dodangoda - producer, engineer, mixing, backing vocals (tracks 1 and 9)
- Matthew Evans - backing vocals (track 1)
- Lee Gaze, Mike Lewis, Stuart Richardson and Ilan Rubin of Lostprophets - backing vocals (track 9)
- Rob Thomas - assistant engineer
- Ted Jensen - mastering
- Memory and Humanity was recorded at Long Wave Studios in Cardiff, Wales, and produced by Romesh Dodangoda
|UK Albums Chart||17|
|Irish Album Chart||
|UK Indie Albums Chart||2|
|UK Rock Albums Chart||1|
|U.S. Billboard Heatseekers||6|
|U.S. Billboard Independent Albums||44|
- http://www.rock-sound.net/articles/2130/Funeral-For-A-Friend---Memory-And-Humanity.html[dead link]
- Dave Synyard (March 2009). "Funeral for a Friend - Memory and Humanity • Pop & Rock Reviews • exclaim.ca". Exclaim.ca. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "FFAF Use Multiple Record Labels". Rock Sound. Retrieved 2008-08-29.
- FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND - Official Website
- "Funeral For A Friend Post New Video". Rock Sound.
- "Radio 1 Chart Show". BBC. Retrieved 2008-10-20.