Men at Work (TV series)
|Men at Work|
|Created by||Breckin Meyer|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||28 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original run||May 24, 2012– present|
Men at Work is an American comedy series that airs on TBS. The series was created by Breckin Meyer and stars Danny Masterson, Michael Cassidy, Adam Busch, James Lesure, and Meredith Hagner. The series premiered on May 24, 2012.
The series follows Milo (Danny Masterson), a man who recently ended his relationship with his girlfriend, Lisa, and tries to re-enter the dating scene with the help of his three best friends/co-workers, Tyler, Gibbs, and Neal (Michael Cassidy, James Lesure, Adam Busch), the latter friend who's the only one who has a girlfriend, Amy (Meredith Hagner). Together, the four friends help each other navigate through relationships, friendship and working together in New York City at the same magazine, "Full Steam". The gang mainly hang out at the diner or at the workplace.
Cast and characters
- Danny Masterson as Milo Foster
- James Lesure as Gibbs
- Michael Cassidy as Tyler Mitchell
- Adam Busch as Neal Bradford
- Meredith Hagner as Amy Jordan (season 1-2, recurring season 3)
- J. K. Simmons as P.J. Jordan, Owner of Full Steam Magazine and Amy's father
- Joel David Moore as Doug, the season one chief editor of Full Steam Magazine
- Stephanie Lemelin as Rachel, Tyler's ex-girlfriend that once had a threesome with Gibbs
- Amy Smart as Lisa, Milo's ex-girlfriend
- Peri Gilpin as Alex, the season two chief editor of Full Steam Magazine
- Sarah Wright as Molly, Milo's ex-girlfriend
- David Krumholtz as Myron, the season three (current) editor Full Steam magazine
- Marsha Thomason as Selena
- Kelen Coleman as Jude
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release dates|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|1||10||May 24, 2012||July 12, 2012||March 26, 2013||July 1, 2013||N/A|
|2||10||April 4, 2013||June 6, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|3||10||January 15, 2014||March 12, 2014||TBA||TBA||TBA|
Development and production
The pilot appeared on TBS's development slate in May 2011. The series was created by Breckin Meyer, who also serves as executive producer alongside Jamie Tarses and Julia Franz, and the production companies, Sony Pictures Television and FanFare Productions. On August 26, 2011, TBS placed a pilot order for Men at Work.
In September 2011, Danny Masterson, James Lesure, Adam Busch, and Michael Cassidy were cast as the four leads, with Masterson playing the role of Milo, the recently dumped guy whose friends try to help him get back in the dating scene; Lesure playing the role of Gibbs, a ladies' man and photographer at the magazine; Busch playing the role of Neal, a reporter at the magazine and the only one in the group with a girlfriend; and Cassidy playing the role of Tyler, a stylish feature writer. Meredith Hagner was the final addition to the cast as Amy, Neal's girlfriend whose father owns the magazine.
- In Brazil, Mexico, The Netherlands and South Africa, the show airs on Comedy Central.
- In the United Kingdom, the series has been acquired by Fox who began airing the show in 2013.
- In Australia, Men at Work premiered on October 2, 2013, on Seven Network.
- In Sweden the show airs on TV6.
- In Portugal, the show airs on AXN White since 2014.
- West, Kelly (March 20, 2012). "TBS Sets Premiere Dates For Men At Work And Sullivan & Son". Cinema Blend. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- "Men At Work — Season 1 [DVD]". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved May 27, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 20, 2013). "TBS’ ‘Sullivan & Son’, ‘Men At Work’ & ‘Deal With It’ Renewed". Deadline.com. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- "Shows A-Z - men at work on tbs". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- "TNT and TBS Announce Extensive Slate of New Projects from Top Talents". The Futon Critic. May 18, 2011. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- "Development Update: Friday, August 26". The Futon Critic. August 26, 2011. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 30, 2011). "Danny Masterson Cast As The Lead Of TBS' Comedy Pilot 'Men At Work'". Deadline.com. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 30, 2011). "TBS Pilot ‘Men At Work’ Rounds Out Cast". Deadline.com. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- Ng, Philana (January 6, 2012). "TBS Orders Breckin Meyer's 'Men at Work' to Series". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 12, 2012.
- "Breaking News — Production Begins on New TBS Original Sitcom "Men at Work"". TheFutonCritic.com. April 26, 2012. Retrieved August 2, 2012.
- Masters, Megan (February 1, 2013). "Exclusive: TBS Sets Premiere Dates for Men at Work, Donald Faison’s Who Gets the Last Laugh?". TV Line. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (August 20, 2013). "'Sullivan and Son', 'Men At Work' & 'Deal With It' Renewed by TBS". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- "Exclusive: TBS's "Men at Work" Returns for Season Three on Wednesday, January 15". The Futon Critic. November 13, 2013. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "Men at Work". TV Tonight. Retrieved September 30, 2013.