Menguante Cove is an 1.47 km wide embayment indenting for 1.22 km the east coast of the horseshoe-shaped Half Moon Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica. Entered between Henry Bluff and Salisbury Bluff on Hurd Peninsula.
The Argentine Antarctic base Cámara is situated at the cove's head. The area was visited by early 19th century sealers operating from nearby Yankee Harbour, and nowadays Menguante Cove is frequented by Antarctic cruise ships.
The cove's midpoint is located at Renier Point, 4.7 km northeast of Rila Point, 7.89 km southeast of Edinburgh Hill, 8.32 km south-southwest of Triangle Point and 10.25 km west-southwest of Ephraim Bluff (British mapping in 1822 and 1968, Chilean in 1971, Argentine in 1980 and 2000, and Bulgarian in 2005 and 2009).which is 5.51 km west-northwest of
- Chart of South Shetland including Coronation Island, &c. from the exploration of the sloop Dove in the years 1821 and 1822 by George Powell Commander of the same. Scale ca. 1:200000. London: Laurie, 1822.
- L.L. Ivanov et al. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich Island, South Shetland Islands. Scale 1:100000 topographic map. Sofia: Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria, 2005.
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4
- Isla Media Luna: Guía para sitios que reciben visitantes. Secretaría del Tratado Antártico. (Spanish)
- Cesar Garcia Esponda, Nestor Coria & Diego Montalti. Breeding birds at Half Moon Island, South Shetland Islands, Antarctica, 1995/96. Marine Ornithology, 2000, 28, pp. 59–62.
|This Livingston Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|