From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Menon may refer to:
- Menon (subcaste), an honorary title accorded to some members of the Nair community of Kerala, in southern India. It is used as a surname by many holders of this title; some notable such persons include:
- MGK Menon, physicist and policymaker
- Anand Menon, a Professor of European Politics and Foreign Affairs at Kings College London
- P.C. Kuttikrishna Menon, author, also known as Uroob.
- P. N. Menon, film maker
- Revathi Menon, actress/director
- Biju Menon, actor
- Gautham Menon, film maker
- K. P. Karunakara Menon, former president of the Nair Service Society
- Arjun Menon, singer
- Chengalathu Kunhirama Menon, journalist
- K. P. Kesava Menon, Indian independence activist
- V.P. Menon (1894–1966), played a vital role in the integration of India
- V.K. Krishna Menon (1896–1974), former Defence Minister of India
- Shivshankar Menon, India's current National Security Advisor
- C. Achutha Menon, former Chief Minister of Kerala
- Lakshmi N. Menon, former Deputy Foreign Minister
- Vinod C Menon, member of the National Disaster Management Authority
- P. N. Menon, Indian Ambassador to Greece and Yugoslavia
- In addition, Menon appears widely as a name in Greek historical figures:
- Menon (Trojan), a Trojan soldier in Trojan War
- Múnón, also called Mennón, a Trojan chieftain or king mentioned by the twelfth-century Icelandic writer Snorri Sturluson that may refer to Menon (trojan), Memnon (mythology), or another person.
- Menon (Phidias), a workman with Phidias
- Menon I of Pharsalus, assisted Cimon at Battle of Eion
- Menon II of Pharsalus, led troops assisting Athens in the Peloponnesian War
- Menon III of Pharsalus or Meno, a Thessalian general and character in Plato's Meno dialogue
- Menon IV of Pharsalus, 4th century Greek general
- Menon, 4th century BC Peripatetic writer on medicine: see Anonymus Londinensis
- It has also appeared, less frequently, as a French name
- Meno, a dialogue by Plato, is sometimes referred to also as Menon.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Menon.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.