Mental Health Providers Forum
The Mental Health Providers Forum (MHPF), based in London, is a charity and the representative body for voluntary sector mental health organisations in England and Wales, working nationally and regionally to influence practice and policy. It aims to improve the range and quality of mental health services by increasing the involvement of the voluntary sector in delivering them, working in partnership with government agencies. Specific projects include evaluating psychological therapies and promoting tools for assessing recovery.
MHPF developed from meetings of the chief executives of the leading mental health charities, and was registered as a company in 2005. The membership of the Forum consists of the voluntary sector organisations. The current Chief Executive (since April 2012) is Kathy Roberts, who has a background in health and social care and the not-for-profit sector. She succeeded Dr Ian McPherson, previously Director of the National Mental Health Development Unit. The first Chief Executive of the Forum was Judy Weleminsky who led the organisation from December 2005 to January 2011. She was previously chief executive of the National Schizophrenia Fellowship (now Rethink), the National Council for Voluntary Organisations and Community Matters (the National Federation of Community Organisations).
- Centre for Mental Health
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies
- Mental Health Foundation
- National Mental Health Development Unit
- Rethink Mental Illness
- Richmond Fellowship
- Revolving Doors Agency
- Stand to Reason (charity)
- Turning Point
- "Meet the Team". Mental Health Providers Forum. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "MHPF's new Chief Executive: Kathy Roberts". Mental Health Providers Forum. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- "Who Are We?". National Mental Health Development Unit website. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "Forum launched to assist work with mental health". Third Sector (London). 30 November 2005. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Working our way to better mental health: a framework for action". HMSO. December 2009. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- Paul Gosling (10 January 1993). "Public Services Management: Faith, hope and expertise: Paul Gosling on why lending managers to charities is growing in popularity". The Independent on Sunday (London). Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- Kay Coles (1993). "The 1950s – National Federation of Community Organisations". NCVO from 1919 to 1993. National Council for Voluntary Organisations. Retrieved 21 April 2013.