From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Mental state (disambiguation))
||This is the page title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. When a broad-concept article is written about the primary meaning of Mental state, it should be moved to this page title. Related titles on this page should be described in the new article, while unrelated titles should be moved to Mental state (disambiguation).||
Mental state may refer to:
- In clinical psychology and psychiatry, an indication of a person's mental health, as determined by a mental status examination
- In cognitive psychology and the philosophy of mind, a kind of hypothetical state or process that corresponds to thinking and feeling, consisting of a conglomerate of mental representations and propositional attitudes
- In Buddhism, a translation of the term cetasika, which is defined as aspects of the mind that apprehend the quality of an object, and that have the ability to color the mind.
- Altered state of consciousness, a mental state that is different from the normal state of consciousness
- Flow (psychology), the mental state of operation in which a person in an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus
- Mental factors (Buddhism)
- Mood (psychology), an emotional state
- Propositional attitude, a relational mental state connecting a person to a proposition
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mental state.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.