||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2013)
MERA is a provider of outsourced software development services for ICT industry. Since the company`s inception in 1989 it have built a solid basis for joint R&D projects with equipment manufacturers and solution vendors of all sizes around the world.
The company deals with projects of any complexity from low-level development of firmware, drivers, etc. all the way to the application layer development for a great variety of standards and specialized embedded hardware/software platforms. MERA possesses market-unique experience that has been accumulated over years of cooperation with the leading solutions and equipment vendors.
- 1989: A group of professors from State Nizhny Novgorod Technical University founded MERA as a private firm specializing in antenna research and development.
- 1990: MERA wins first contracts with foreign customers.
- 1993: MERA concludes a first software development contract with Nortel Networks, Canada.
- 2000: The company opens a Customer Relations Office in Toronto, Canada.
- 2001: MERA fully complies with ISO 9001:2000 standard.
- 2004: MERA signs a contract with TietoEnator, a major Swedish corporation, expanding its business in Western Europe.
- 2005: MERA receives the Nortel Preferred Supplier Award for outstanding quality and service delivery performance.
- 2006: MERA is the first company in Russia to achieve TL9000 certification for provision of outsourced software development, testing and maintenance services.
- 2007: MERA starts an innovative software development project with SynapSense, a leading provider of complete wireless instrumentation solutions.
- 2009: MERA signs a long-term agreement with Telecommunication Systems, the award-winning wireless navigation, hyper-local search and location-based services (LBS) company, and achieves CMMI Level 3 Certification.
- 2010: MERA signs long term agreements with Avaya, a global leader in enterprise communications systems, Kapsch Group, specializing in ICT and telecommunications as well as future-oriented telematics and traffic management systems, and becomes a full member of the European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI).
- 2011: Ascom Wireless Solutions,a leading provider of on-site wireless communications for key segments such as hospitals, elderly care, independent living, manufacturing industries, prisons, retail and hotels, opens a test centre at MERA. MERA launches Future Telecom Technologies Playground.
- 2012: MERA opens a customer relations office in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, CA).
Executive team 
- Dmitry Ponomarev, President
- Yuri Menkov, Vice President of Finance
- Igor Piruyan, Vice President/General Manager
- James Hymel, CEO, Mera Software Services
- Alexey Myakov, Vice President of Business Development
- Grigory Burov, Vice President of Operations
MERA’s software R&D services 
- Software design,
- Software development,
- Software testing,
- Software maintenance,
- Customer- and user-level documentation development,
- Test automation,
- Product migration,
- Professional services.
External links