Merab Gagunashvili, Warsaw 2013
|Full name||Merab Gagunashvili|
January 3, 1985 |
|FIDE rating||2540 (March 2014)|
|Peak rating||2625 (April 2007)|
In 2001, he won the silver medal in the World Junior Chess Championship. In 2009 he tied for 3rd–8th with Anton Filippov, Elshan Moradiabadi, Vadim Malakhatko, Alexander Shabalov and Niaz Murshed in the Ravana Challenge Tournament in Colombo. In 2010 he won the Tbilisi Municipality Cup. In 2011 he tied for 1st–4th with Gadir Guseinov, Evgeny Gleizerov and Sergei Tiviakov in the 19th Fajr Open Chess Tournament.
- "Campeonato de Georgia". Ajedrezdeataque.com. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- "Tournament report November 2009: The Ravana Challenge". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- "Open Int. Tbilisi Municipality Cup". FIDE. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- "19th Fajr International Open Chess Tournament". FIDE. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Men's Chess Olympiads: Merab Gagunashvili". OlimpBase. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
|This biographical article relating to a Georgian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|