Paul Merage School of Business
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (March 2011)|
The Paul Merage School of Business is an academic unit of the University of California, Irvine (UCI) that is charged with academic research in the field of business. The school confers Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees and a new one-year Master of Accountancy (MPAc) program.
Established in 1967, the school was originally known as the Graduate School of Management and was renamed to its present name in 2005 after a monetary donation by entrepreneur and Orange County philanthropist, Paul Merage.
The school offers four types of MBA degrees: Full-Time, Fully Employed (i.e., part-time), Executive, and Health Care Executive. The school also offers a Ph.D. degree and has begun conferring Bachelor of Arts degrees - the first students admitted to the BA program were admitted as freshmen in Fall 2008.
Students may choose (but are not required) to focus in one or more of the following areas:
- Economics and Public Policy
- Information Systems
- Operations and Decision Technologies
- Organization & Strategy
- Real Estate
The Paul Merage School of Business is located on the north side of the UCI main campus, adjacent to the Schools of Social Sciences and Social Ecology. Along with the Schools of Medicine and the Arts, it is one of three academic units that is not located along one of the "spokes" of the main campus' circular design.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (March 2011)|
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (February 2009)|
U.S. News & World Report
- 2013: Executive MBA ranked #25 in the U.S.
- 2011: Full-Time MBA program ranked #40 nationally and #17 among public universities
- 2011: Fully Employed MBA Program ranked #21 nationally (#4 part-time MBA program in California)
- 2013: Full-Time MBA Program ranked #26 in U.S., #9 among public institutions in the U.S., and #54 internationally
- 2013: Employment of MBA students within three months of graduation is ranked #5 in the US.
- 2013: Percentage of women faculty and women students ranked #1 among U.S. schools.
- 2011: Full-Time MBA Program ranked #27 in U.S. and #53 internationally
- 2012: Full-Time MBA program ranked 43rd nationally
- 2011: Executive MBA ranked 40 in the world (Top Tier)
- 2009: Fully Employed MBA Program ranked #31 nationally, #9 in the Western Region
- 2005: Ranked #38 on the U.S. Top 50 Forbes list of Business Schools with the Best Return on Investment
Wall Street Journal/Harris Interactive
- 2005: Ranked #39 regionally and #4 nationally for Information Technology
See also 
- List of United States business school rankings
- List of business schools in the United States
- Business School
- University of California, Irvine
- Merage family
- Orange County
- University of California, Irvine | Paul Merage School of Business website
- University of California, Irvine website
- University of California, Irvine Entrepreneurs Association Website