|Model years||2014–|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Layout||Front-engine, front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive|
1.8L Diesel I4
2.1L Diesel I4
7-speed DCT automatic
The Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class is a luxury compact crossover automobile unveiled by the German manufacturer Mercedes-Benz at the 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show. It was previously unveiled to the public at the Shanghai Auto Show in April 2013 as a concept car.
The range is topped by the GLA45 AMG, sharing the same 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbo engine as the A45 AMG and CLA45 AMG 355 bhp (265 kW; 360 PS) mated to a seven-speed DCT gearbox, to all-wheel drive called 4Matic.
The GLA-Class nicely parallels the forthcoming and equally A-class–based CLA sedan. The GLA should arrive in the U.S. market sometime this year as a 2014 model.
The car was presented under the form of a concept car, the Concept GLA, for the first time in April 2013 at the Shanghai Auto Show. The concept features a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine producing 208 bhp (155 kW; 211 PS), driving all four wheels through a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
- "Mercedes GLA specs and release date". Evo. 18 September 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "Spied! Upcoming Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class Front-Drive Compact Crossover". Motor Trend. Retrieved 2012-10-12.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class Spy Photos -- Car & Driver (Retrieved 2012-09-11)
- Mercedes-Benz Concept GLA - Car and Driver April 201 BY Jens Meiners
- Bond, Paul (18 April 2013). "Mercedes Concept GLA". Auto Express. Retrieved 18 April 2013.