|Città di Mercogliano|
The central street Via San Modestino
|Frazioni||Montevergine, Torelli, Torrette|
|• Mayor||Massimiliano Carullo|
|• Total||19.76 km2 (7.63 sq mi)|
|Elevation||550 m (1,800 ft)|
|• Density||630/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||San Modestino|
|Saint day||February 14|
Mercogliano is a hill town located near the western suburb of Avellino and below the mount Partenio (or Montevergine). The municipality borders with Avellino, Monteforte Irpino, Mugnano del Cardinale, Ospedaletto d'Alpinolo, Quadrelle and Summonte.
It counts three hamlets (frazioni):
- Montevergine: located near the summit of mount Partenio and home of the homonym sanctuary, is linked to Mercogliano by the Montevergine funicular.
- Torelli: it is a village located on the road between Torrette and Mercogliano.
- Torrette: located on a plain next to Avellino, it is the commercial hub of the municipality. The exit "Avellino Ovest" (Av. West) of the A16 motorway serves the locality.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- (Italian) Loreto Abbey Palace on cir.campania.beniculturali.it
Media related to Mercogliano at Wikimedia Commons
- (Italian) Mercogliano official website
|This Campanian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|