Mercy High School (Omaha, Nebraska)
|Mercy High School|
Where Mercy Girls Become Women of Mercy
|1501 South 48th Street
Omaha, Nebraska, (Douglas County), 68106-2504
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|President||Sr. Delores Hannon, RSM|
|Average class size||19|
|Student to teacher ratio||13:1|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Affiliation||Sisters of Mercy|
|Athletic Director||Holly McCoy|
Mercy High School is a private, all-girls, Roman Catholic high school in Omaha, Nebraska, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Omaha. It is the only high school in Omaha with a negotiated tuition program, so each family meets with the President at the start of each academic year to agree upon what they will pay for tuition. Mercy has approximately 385 students with 24 percent being minority. They have 95 percent of the graduating class going to college.
In 2012 Brooks Humphreys, a Social Studies teacher at Mercy, won second place in the teachers edition of Jeopardy!.
- Girls Volleyball – 1978
- Girls Basketball – none (Runner-Up 1981)
- Girls Soccer – none (Runner-Up 2007)
- Speech – none (Runner-Up 2009)
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Retrieved 2009-06-23.[dead link]
- Jonathon Braden. "Mercy principal's 43-year education career draws to a close". Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- MHS. "Mercy High School Web site". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- Valerie Novotny. "Mercy teacher 2nd on 'Jeopardy!'". Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- NSAA. "Nebraska State Activities Association Web site". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
|This Nebraska school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|