|Population||738 (2011 census)|
Meredith Post Office opened on 1 November 1854  and the railway came to the town with the opening of the Geelong-Ballarat line in 1862, with the local railway station opened soon after. Now only grain and freight trains use the line.
Golfers play at the course of the Meredith Golf Club on the Midland Highway.
The Meredith Rural Fire Brigade has a long and proud history serving the Meredith and District areas for over 100 years, established in 1911 the Meredith Rural Fire Brigade is 100% Voluntary and protects the community from all types of fires and emergencies. The MRFB's newest appliance which is a 3.4C Heavy Tanker was bought through fundraising by its dedicated members and the kind assistance of both the Victorian State Liberal Government and Country Fire Authority.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Meredith (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 December 2014.
- Premier Postal History, Post Office List, retrieved 2008-04-11
- "Rail Geelong - Geelong Line Guide". www.railgeelong.com. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- "Darra (H0268)". Victorian Heritage Register. Heritage Victoria. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Neal, Matt (30 November 2011). "Meredith Music Festival". The Standard. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Golf Select, Meredith, retrieved 2009-05-11
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Meredith, Victoria.|