||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Birth name||Meredith Frances Andrews|
January 19, 1983 |
Wilson, North Carolina
Andrews grew up in Wilson, North Carolina, where she started singing when she was six years old. She attended Wilson Christian Academy, where she graduated. Andrews later attended college at Liberty University in Virginia. Though she was born an only child, her parents served as foster parents to many children while she was growing up, three of whom later were adopted by her parents.
Andrews married Jacob Sooter in May 2008 and together they have two sons, Maverick Elijah Sooter, (born on September 1, 2010) and Remington Ezra Sooter (born on February 17, 2013).
In 2011, Andrews won two Dove Awards, "Worship Song of the Year" for "How Great Is the Love" from As Long As It Takes and "Praise and Worship album of the Year" for As Long As It Takes. On July 31, 2012, Andrews released a new single "Not For a Moment (After All)" on iTunes. It has now been featured in the top 20 songs of 2013.
Andrews currently leads worship with the Vertical Church Band at Harvest Bible Chapel in Chicago.
- Mesmerized (April 12, 2005)
- The Invitation (April 29, 2008)
- As Long As It Takes (March 2, 2010)
- Worth It All (January 22, 2013)
- ASCAP. "Andrews Meredith Frances (IPI #512094487)". ASCAP.
- "LIVE 2011 Dove Awards Coverage!". Jesusfreakhideout.com. 2011-04-19. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- "43rd Annual GMA Dove Awards on gmc". Doveawards.com. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- Vertical Church Band. "About". http://verticalchurchband.com/.