||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
15 January 1969 |
Bremen, West Germany
Meret Becker (born 15 January 1969) is a German actress and singer.
Life and career
She played the character Erna Eggstein in the 1997 German film "The Harmonists", as well as Katya,a prostitute, in Jon Sanders's 1998 film "Painted Angels".
A year later, in 1998, she gave several performances along with Nina Hagen. The short but sold-out tour was titled "Wir heißen beide Anna" in which both Becker and Hagen sang several songs by Bertold Brecht and Kurt Weill.
Meret has since recorded two studio albums, Nachtmahr and Fragiles. Just like the first album, both of them contain songs, poetry and short stories, played with unusual instruments and avant-garde arrangements.
In 2005, she was a supporting actress in the film Munich, directed by Steven Spielberg.
- Noctambule (1996)
- Nachtmahr (1998)
- Fragiles (2001)
- Pipermint - Das Leben, Möglicherweise OST (2005)
- 1993-'95 (live album with Ars Vitalis) (1995)
- Stella Maris (duet with Einstürzende Neubauten) (1996)
- 1995 Bavarian Film Awards, Best Actress for Das Versprechen
- 1998 German Film Awards, Outstanding Individual Achievement: Supporting Actress in Comedian Harmonists
- 2005 Max Ophüls Festival, Film Score Award for Pipermint - Das Leben, Möglicherweise OST
- Official website (German)
- Meret Becker discography at Discogs
- Meret Becker at the Internet Movie Database