Green was born to folk musician Bob Gibson in Greenwich Village. She moved to California's Mendocino area and began playing with the Gypsy Gulch International String Band. She also began playing bluegrass music with Gene Parsons, and they released some music commercially.
As a solo artist and duetist, her work has been featured on the BBC and New York Times as well as smaller papers such as the Lincoln Chronicle . She has also performed internationally, both by herself and at numerous festivals.
In 2009, Green began a tour featuring the works of Bob Gibson as one-third of the Fare-Thee-Wells, along with John Heller and Rick Grumbecker. As of February 2009, The Bob Gibson Legacy Tour, which features several acts, was slated for 28 dates.
Meridan Green has performed in a variety of acts.
- In the Heart of This Town (CD)
- "Walking to Washington," a politically oriented single.
- Birds of a Feather (CD) - 1986
- Live From Caspar (CD) - 1999
- Chuck McCabe - Bad Gravity Day (backup singing)
- Julian Dawson - Hillbilly Zen (backup singing)
- Antonia Lamb - Amazing Tracks (backup singing)
- Dan Paul - World Without Walls (backup singing)
- Holly Tannen - Rime Of The Ancient Matriarch (producer, performer)