|Town of Merino, Colorado|
Location in Logan County and the state of Colorado
|Incorporated (town)||January 4, 1917|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|• Land||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,035 ft (1,230 m)|
|• Density||1,420/sq mi (710/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0204720|
Merino is located at (40.484418, -103.353691).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 246 people, 96 households, and 66 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,421.9 people per square mile (558.7/km²). There were 110 housing units at an average density of 635.8 per square mile (249.8/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 93.90% White, 0.81% Native American, 4.07% from other races, and 1.22% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.91% of the population.
There were 96 households out of which 41.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.2% were married couples living together, 9.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.3% were non-families. 27.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.56 and the average family size was 3.15.
In the town the population was spread out with 30.9% under the age of 18, 6.5% from 18 to 24, 25.2% from 25 to 44, 24.4% from 45 to 64, and 13.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 90.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 80.9 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $28,750, and the median income for a family was $31,406. Males had a median income of $26,250 versus $22,000 for females. The per capita income for the town was $14,943. About 7.6% of families and 9.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.3% of those under the age of eighteen and 18.0% of those sixty five or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Ralph Edwards
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Climate Summary for Merino, Colorado