|Merlin Dean Mann III|
November 26, 1966 |
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Early life and education
Mann is the founder and writer of 43 Folders, a blog about "ﬁnding the time and attention to do your best creative work."
As a companion to the 43 Folders blog, Mann launched the sporadically-published 43 Folders podcast in 2005.
In 2007, Mann, Adam Lisagor, and Scott Simpson launched You Look Nice Today, a comedy podcast that bills itself as "a journal of emotional hygiene." 
In September 2011, Mann launched Roderick on the Line, a weekly conversation with musician/writer John Roderick.
Mann has also produced QPR: Quotidian Public Radio, an audio podcast launched in January 2009 that is billed as "audio comfort food for annoyed liberals in fleece." Previously, Mann was one of the hosts on the MacBreak video podcast and a core host on the MacBreak Weekly audio podcast. Since 2008, he has scaled back his appearances on the series.
In the past, Mann appeared on other podcasts, including the CBC radio show–podcast Spark; The ProfHacker Podcast; Scruffy Thinking; CMD+SPACE; and various episodes of Dan Benjamin's The Conversation.
In early 2009, Mann produced a short video series, Most Days.
On February 26, 2007, Mann launched The Merlin Show, a video podcast primarily dedicated to long-form interviews.
Mann has also published a long-running series of video shorts named That Phone Guy.
In 2008, Mann started treatment for attention deficit disorder, something which he says helped his focus. He occasionally talks about his experiences with ADHD on his Back to Work podcast on the 5by5 network.
- As of June 2014, the blog 43 Folders was last updated in October 2011.
- Merlin Mann Official Bio
- Anderson, Sam. "In Defense of Distraction". New York Magazine. New York Media, LLC. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "I'm Writing A Book"
- Mann, Merlin. "The Inbox Makeover". Macworld. Mac Publishing LLC.
- Mann, Merlin. "Life Hacks". Makezine.com. O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Mann, Merlin. "Ask A Geek". Popular Science. Bonnier Corporation.
- 43 Folders: "The Monthly Pimp: January '09 Edition"
- "Picture of a Boat", Back to Work, Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin
- "Vocational Wheel", Back to Work, Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin
- "Walk the Coastline, Bitches", Back To Work, Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin
- The Conversation - Merlin Mann
- Bacon Ray | Rock Music
- I am a Cinematographer Power Pop Cover Project Mann has also created a recurring character on his podcast, called "Library Elf." The character is very funny, and has developed a cult following amongst listeners.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Merlin Mann|