|Merlin Dean Mann III|
November 26, 1966 |
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
Merlin Dean Mann III (born November 26, 1966 in Cincinnati, Ohio) wrote the blog 43 Folders (not updated since Oct 2011). He received a B.A. from New College of Florida, and currently resides in San Francisco, California with his wife, Madeline Mann, and their daughter, Eleanor.
In 2008, Mann started treatment for attention deficit disorder, something which he says helped his focus. He occasionally talks about his experiences with ADHD on his Back to Work podcast on the 5by5 network.
Mann is the founder and writer of 43 Folders, a blog about "ﬁnding the time and attention to do your best creative work."
As a companion to 43 Folders, Mann launched the sporadically-published 43 Folders Podcast in 2005.
In 2007, Mann, Adam Lisagor, and Scott Simpson launched You Look Nice Today, a comedy podcast that bills itself as "a journal of emotional hygiene." 
Since January 18, 2011, he has co-hosted the weekly "Back to Work" podcast with Dan Benjamin on 5by5. They talk about subjects like productivity, work life  and true costs of doing business.
In September 2011, Mann launched Roderick on the Line, a weekly conversation with musician/writer John Roderick.
Mann has also produced QPR: Quotidian Public Radio, an audio podcast launched in January 2009 that is billed as "audio comfort food for annoyed liberals in fleece." Previously, Mann was one of the hosts on the MacBreak video podcast and a core host on the MacBreak Weekly audio podcast. Since 2008, he has scaled back his appearances on the series.
In the past, Mann appeared on other podcasts, including as the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio show/podcast Spark, The ProfHacker Podcast, Scruffy Thinking, CMD+SPACE and various episodes of Dan Benjamin's The Conversation.
In early 2009, Mann produced a short video series, Most Days.
On February 26, 2007, Mann launched The Merlin Show, a video podcast primarily dedicated to long form interviews.
Mann has also published a long-running series of video shorts named That Phone Guy.
- Merlin Mann Official Bio
- Anderson, Sam. "In Defense of Distraction". New York Magazine. New York Media, LLC. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "I'm Writing A Book"
- Mann, Merlin. "The Inbox Makeover". Macworld. Mac Publishing LLC.
- Merlin, Mann. "Life Hacks". Makezine.com. O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Merlin, Mann. "Ask A Geek". Popular Science. Bonnier Corporation.
- 43 Folders: "The Monthly Pimp: January '09 Edition"
- "PIcture of a Boat" Back to Work, Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin
- "Vocational Wheel" Back to Work, Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin
- "Walk the Coastline, Bitches" Back To Work, Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin
- The Conversation - Merlin Mann
- Bacon Ray | Rock Music
- I am a Cinematographer Power Pop Cover Project
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Merlin Mann|
- Official website
- Back to Work podcast
- You Look Nice Today podcast
- Roderick on the Line podcast
- Merlin Mann on Tumblr
- Dan Benjamin's The Pipeline: Merlin Mann Interview
- An interview with Merlin Mann on The Marketplace of Ideas
- An interview with Merlin Mann about his podcast Back to Work on The Marketplace of Ideas
- Lifehacker Interview: 43Folders' Merlin Mann
- Business Networking Advice interview with Merlin Mann