|Full name||Harry A. Merlo Field|
|Location||University Park, Portland, Oregon|
|Owner||University of Portland|
|Field size||109 m × 69 m
120 yds × 75 yds
Portland Timbers 2 (USL Pro)
Harry A. Merlo Field at the Clive Charles Soccer Complex is a 4,892-capacity soccer-specific stadium in Portland, Oregon on the campus of the University of Portland where it serves as home to the school's soccer teams. Beginning March 29, 2015 the stadium will play host to the Portland Timbers USL side Timbers 2.
The stadium was constructed in 1990. Merlo Field hosted a quarter-final game in the 2001 Women’s NCAA Division I Championship and then first and second round games of the tournament in 2003. In 2004, the school added six light standards to illuminate the field to allow for night games at the venue. Pilots’ alumna Tiffeny Milbrett scored her 100th international goal at Merlo in a game for the United States women's national soccer team against Ukraine in July 2005.
In 2005, the Lady Pilots hosted an NCAA tournament semifinal game on their way to a national title. During the 2007 season the Pilots averaged 3,652 people per game in attendance at the 4,892 seat stadium for the women’s home matches, leading the country in average attendance for the third straight year. In March 2008, the Portland Timbers used the facility to host an exhibition match against Major League Soccer’s San Jose Earthquakes. on July 17, 2010, the Portland Timbers held an exhibition match against English Premier league power and Europa League qualifier Manchester City at this facility.
The Portland Timbers used Merlo Field as their home pitch during the 2010 USSF D-2 playoffs.
Starting in 2015 the Portland Timbers 2 will use Merlo Field and their home pitch.
- Stadiums in the United States: Oregon. World Stadiums. Retrieved on April 3, 2008.
- 2001 Division I Tournament. SoccerTimes.com. Retrieved on April 3, 2008.
- 2003 NCAA Women's Division I Tournament. SoccerTimes.com. Retrieved on April 3, 2008.
- Inaugural night game featuring UP’s women’s soccer team set for 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 10. The University of Portland, August 27, 2004. Retrieved April 3, 2008.
- Anne M. Peterson, The Associated Press. Milbrett scores 100th as U.S. women rout Ukraine. USA TODAY, July 10, 2005. Retrieved on April 3, 2008.
- Fowler, Ken. ND Women's Soccer: Plane crash. The Observer, November 29, 2005. Retrieved on April 3, 2008.
- Hays, Graham. NCAA does disservice to the game by sending Portland on the road. ESPN.com, November 13, 2007. Retrieved on April 3, 2008.
- Army to invade North Portland. The Sentinel, March 28, 2008. Retrieved on April 3, 2008.
|Host of the Women's College Cup